Request for Train Interiors

I'd like to see more train interiors, like classic train compartments of 60s, 70s and 80s period.
No subways!

Comments

• Any country in particular? The ones in the US are very different from the UK and both from Europe. Those in India are different still. Could be a wide scope..
  • toniecantotoniecanto Posts: 6
    edited November 2023

Give me a decent HSR train, please. All of them (except maybe the Japanese) are very similar around the world.

Add the exterior and I'd be willing to pay decent money for that.

Post edited by toniecanto on
  • DogzDogz Posts: 898

I quite enjoy do in train passenger Vehicle interiors,as richardand tracey says which nationality style?, already done a few brit ones as they are quite  familar to me, I have been contemplating doing something US or European stye around the eras you mentioned.

• DogzDogz Posts: 898
    edited May 26

toniecanto said:

Give me a decent HSR train, please. All of them (except maybe the Japanese) are very similar around the world.

Add the exterior and I'd be willing to pay decent money for that.

You mean something quite airline like?, traverse seating all facing the same direction, ? Ive usually avoided that as I considered it a bit cramped for posing figures and setting up cameras etc.

Post edited by Dogz on
  • ElorElor Posts: 1,047
    edited May 27

I only ever traveled in TGV, but the seats are facing both way.

Usually, the change of orientation happens because they have a row of seats with people facing each other (in both first and second class) or (only in second class I would say but it's been a while since I was in a TGV) because they have a small area for luggages between the back of two rows.

First class (not the latest TGV):

Second class (the white arrow shows the luggage area, which is not that visible):

Source: http://transportrail.canalblog.com/pages/tgv-atlantique-et-reseau---le-temps-du-moteur-synchrone/36598567.html

TGV was also used to transport parcels with a gorgeous yellow paint (even if nothing beat the original orange one):

https://fr.wikipedia.org/wiki/TGV_postal

The most recent out-of-nowhere use was using TGV to move intubated patients from the most impacted areas at the peak of the pandemic to less impacted ones (the system was tested a couple of months before Covid and was planned in reaction to the November 2015 Paris attacks, to take care of victims if such attacks were to happen in a smaller city, with far less hospitals that Ile de France). They used standard double deck double trainset TGV: the first trainset was used to store supplies, the second one had one deck for the patients (with parts of the seat removed), another as a rest area to health care professionels:

Source for the first picture: https://www.lemonde.fr/planete/article/2020/04/15/coronavirus-a-bord-d-une-rame-tgv-transformee-en-service-de-reanimation-mobile_6036608_3244.html

The second one is from a blog article by an healthcare professional who was onboard of one of these 'Thistle' TGV -- the nickname is because the test I'm speaking about was between Metz (thistles are a symbol of Lorraine) and Paris, but it was removed since then (he didn't ask permission, oups) but not before I got a backup of the full article.

120927995_o.jpg
    2048 x 1368 - 487K
    120927988.jpg
    2048 x 1368 - 557K
    794f680_hkFDqPAAy4H8WQlyQgMQvWsZ.jpg
    1280 x 640 - 109K
    af0f7427.jpeg
    1008 x 756 - 134K
    Post edited by Elor on
  • TimberWolfTimberWolf Posts: 285
    edited June 1

I'd love to see a generic, modern trans-continental sleeper. Dining car, sleeper car, lounge car etc, doesn't need to be continent specific. All of these exist in one form or another for different historical periods and they can be kitbashed (which is what we're doing for one of our murder/mystery games) but if there was a Dogz train that had this... I'd genuinely put this one on hold and ramp up the work on our current project.

This is our current WIP which is a sliced 'n diced Dogz Commuter Carriage model, awaiting its decal work, which will have another Dogz model interior - Mk1 Railway Carriage - crowbarred into it to make up the sleeper compartments. This is a lot of work for our little team and if something of that level of quality was available off the shelf, it would be an instant purchase from us. We can also butcher kitchens, bars and anything else to fit into this shell but a coherent, complete set from someone who produces consistently great work and saves us from hundreds of hours of the same? A no-brainer.

----

Running gear from member Timblewee at Sketchfab, licensed with CC BY 4.0 DEED. This model has been altered by us to fit the Dogz Commuter Carriage mesh which we have also, fairly obviously, modified - https://sketchfab.com/timblewee/collections/trains-361419ce69504934a8ab30029c150429

If you like your trains, this contributor's page is a great place to find some models but do be aware that they do need a lot of work.

Carriage.png
    1920 x 1080 - 857K
    Post edited by TimberWolf on
  • richardandtracyrichardandtracy Posts: 5,449
    Those models are spectacularly detailed. My sole disappointment is no class 50. Ah well, maybe it'll come in time. Regards, Richard.
  • TimberWolfTimberWolf Posts: 285
    edited June 1

There's a 56. I'm a murder/mystery and coding nerd, not a train buff, but these two things look suspiciously close to me. I have probably committed heresy from your viewpoint but we're professional fudgers. 'It's almost that thing' is good enough 95% of the time.

The Daz store has some great train interiors that can't be rendered externally because they look like a throat lozenge, rather than a train. What we're trying to do is create the *illusion* of that amazing interior from the platform and then shift into the fully detailed interior for the main scenes and there's only one PA that has come close to doing this in the past. Dogz.

Timblewee's stuff on Sketchfab is superb from the exterior (check the Phong angles after import and you'll probably have to triangulate the mesh which isn't ideal depending on the model) but a bit useless internally. Dogz interiors are, frankly, unbeatable as far as I'm concerned. I could almost smell the interior of the Commuter Carriage model when I first rendered it! The obvious step is to combine the two but it's not a drag-and-drop operation.

So many movies use trains to set up scenes and scenarios that I'm surprised there hasn't been a Daz model which covers this. You want a great interior? No problem! You want to be able to view it from the platform or in an environment? Mumble....

Step up Dogz... our credit card awaits.

Post edited by TimberWolf on