PostGreSQL CMS Connection not found Studio 4.21

PetercatPetercat Posts: 2,321

[PostGreSQL CMS Connection not found Studio 4.21] Title says it.
Also, in the Content Library tab, it shows:

DAZ Studio Formats
Poser Formats
Other Import Formats

but not:
Products
Categories

Everything's there, if I load an old scene it shows up and will render, but there are no thumbnails or categories in Smart Content. If I go into DAZ Studio Formats in Content Library, the thumbnails are there.
I have an identical computer, (Computer 1), and Studio 4.21 works fine on it. Can anyone tell me what I need to copy, and where it is, to make Computer 2 work just as well as Computer 1?

Thank you.

Post edited by Richard Haseltine on

Comments

• crosswindcrosswind Posts: 6,169

Pls try 'Start CMS' as below sshot~

SNAG-2023-11-4-0127.png
    771 x 581 - 70K
  • PetercatPetercat Posts: 2,321

crosswind said:

I've tried that. It doesn't seem to do anything.

So have you configured cms connection correctly in F2 - cms settings tab ? Presss F2, as below:

SNAG-2023-11-4-0129.png
    785 x 674 - 51K
  • You do have PostgreSQL installed?

Also, copying and pasting the title into the body of the post is quicker than typing "Title says it all"  -as I am about to prove.

• What operating system do you use?  I don't have hands on experience, but going over the forum hinted at known issues when you're still on Windows 7.

Do you use the Daz Install Manager?  What happens if you fire that up, then with DIM still open follow up and fire up Daz Studio? Both should be using the same CMS instance so if things work after that it might be a glitch somewhere. Which also reminds me: have you checked your process list? Control + Shift + Escape in Windows, are there no "rogue" Postgres services running in there?

• BejaymacBejaymac Posts: 1,886

The CMS is likely being blocked by either your OS security systems or your AntiVirus or both.

• Petercat said:

crosswind said:

I've tried that. It doesn't seem to do anything.

Try doing "Stop CMS", then "Start CMS". That'll clear out a few (supposed-to-be-)temporary files that can cause this problem.

Or open DIM, if the the 'database icon' in the upper right corner is in White color, it means cms connection has been successfully started, otherwaise the icon is Grey.

Okay, I'm back. Thanks for all of the suggestions.

I've tried F2 - CMS settings/Start, it goes through the process but nothing changes.
    PostgreSQL is installed in C:/Users/Owners/AppData/Roaming/DAZ 3D/CMS
    Tried both port 1024 (which comes up whenever I start Studio) and port 17237 (default) and neither work.

This is making me crazy (ier?).
    In Install Manager, database icon is grey, Clicking on it brings up "Attempt to establish a connection now?" prompt, clicking "yes" brings an hourglass for a few seconds, icon turns white for a moment then reverts to grey.
    I've tried it with PostgreSQL CMS and PostgreSQL CMS Beta, no joy.
    There are no PostgreSQL processes running in Task Manager (ctrl/shift/esc).
    This is a new build, running Win10. One thing that's driving me nuts is that I have two of these computers, both are set up the same, same settings, etc and one is working perfectly. In fact, I cloned the SSDs in the working one and used the copies to build the one that isn't working. Firewall settings are the same on both, Microsoft Defender and firewall are up to date, with the same settings, neither are connected to the internet.

Petercat said:

I've tried F2 - CMS settings/Start, it goes through the process but nothing changes.
    Tried both port 1024 (which comes up whenever I start Studio) and port 17237 (default) and neither work.

In Install Manager, database icon is grey, Clicking on it brings up "Attempt to establish a connection now?" prompt, clicking "yes" brings an hourglass for a few seconds, icon turns white for a moment then reverts to grey.
    This is a new build, running Win10. One thing that's driving me nuts is that I have two of these computers, both are set up the same, same settings, etc and one is working perfectly. In fact, I cloned the SSDs in the working one and used the copies to build the one that isn't working. Firewall settings are the same on both, Microsoft Defender and firewall are up to date, with the same settings, neither are connected to the internet.

This is really weird... Do you use the same User settings with your two PCs ?

And in DIM, click that cog icon in the upper right corner, Show Log - Clear all and save. Try again Connect to cms. Then attach the log in here.

crosswind said:

Petercat said:

This is really weird... Do you use the same User settings with your two PCs ?

And in DIM, click that cog icon in the upper right corner, Show Log - Clear all and save. Try again Connect to cms. Then attach the log in here.

The log shows only one line:

2023-12-08 00:21:21:195 [WARNING] :: Error Starting CMS.

Suggest you create another Windows user to try again (not Admistrators).Reinstall postgreSQL...