"Create advanced Iray node properties" script not working in 4.22

Created a prim, insured that Iray surfaces are applied, made it emissive, selected it in scene, went to utilities, with the primitive selected, double clicked the script and nothing. No dialogue popup, no changes to parameters informing me that the advanced Iray node was created. This was done to test turning a primitive into a ghost light. See attached jpeg.

iray node script issue.jpg
2000 x 858 - 191K

Comments

• crosswindcrosswind Posts: 6,173

crashworship said:

Created a prim, insured that Iray surfaces are applied, made it emissive, selected it in scene, went to utilities, with the primitive selected, double clicked the script and nothing. No dialogue popup, no changes to parameters informing me that the advanced Iray node was created. This was done to test turning a primitive into a ghost light. See attached jpeg.

No options dialogue pops up...maybe the similar issue... pls check this thread.  https://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/656801/new-ghost-light-feature-shows-not-up#latest

• You have the Enable Iray Matte button there now, so you are using the old version of the script. Did you install the update for the Default Resources? How did you install? If using an external tool (DIM, Daz Central, manually unzipping) make sure that you do not also have an daz Connect (through Daz Studio) install, which will take precedence. Also make sure, if you have more than one content diectory, that there isn't an older version of the script in another content directory.

• crashworshipcrashworship Posts: 216
    edited November 2023

Richard Haseltine said:

You have the Enable Iray Matte button there now, so you are using the old version of the script. Did you install the update for the Default Resources? How did you install? If using an external tool (DIM, Daz Central, manually unzipping) make sure that you do not also have an daz Connect (through Daz Studio) install, which will take precedence. Also make sure, if you have more than one content diectory, that there isn't an older version of the script in another content directory.

I installed via DIM and installed all available option, including "Defalt Resources". Install manager sez they are "Default Resources for DAZ Studio 2.41+". There's no option to download and install anything else.

default resources dl.jpg
    2202 x 448 - 95K
    default resources install location.jpg
    1462 x 2618 - 696K
    Post edited by crashworship on

crashworship said:

Richard Haseltine said:

You have the Enable Iray Matte button there now, so you are using the old version of the script. Did you install the update for the Default Resources? How did you install? If using an external tool (DIM, Daz Central, manually unzipping) make sure that you do not also have an daz Connect (through Daz Studio) install, which will take precedence. Also make sure, if you have more than one content diectory, that there isn't an older version of the script in another content directory.

I installed via DIM and installed all available option, including "Defalt Resources". Install manager sez they are "Default Resources for DAZ Studio 2.41+". There's no option to download and install anything else.

• crosswind said:

crashworship said:

Richard Haseltine said:

Yeah, saw that. Tried it. It's where it's supposed to be.

install location.jpg
    3062 x 1216 - 409K

Yep, it seems correct. So you still cannot see Node Properties dialogue box after db-click on it with a node selected ?

SNAG-2023-11-5-0136.png
    520 x 321 - 18K
  • crosswind said:

Yep, it seems correct. So you still cannot see Node Properties dialogue box after db-click on it with a node selected ?

Alright, not sure why but when I first installed the update, it didn't take. Uninstalling and reinstalling it fixed it. I wasn't able to test it until now because I was in the middle of a long renderThanks to all for the input.