Content Wizard

Hi, I recently bought Content WIzard on the Daz3d shop. I love it, but unfortunately I am struggling with the installation of some third-party products, especially figures. I have noticed that whenever the smart content fails to work, the product doesn't go in my smart content library. Is there any way to manually fix this? Alternatively, do you know any other utility that can work instead of Content Wizard? Thanks

Comments

• Stand-alone figures or characters for an existing figure?

• Stand-alone figures

• crosswindcrosswind Posts: 6,173

giorgiogentile_8181b49452 said:

Hi, I recently bought Content WIzard on the Daz3d shop. I love it, but unfortunately I am struggling with the installation of some third-party products, especially figures. I have noticed that whenever the smart content fails to work,

I'm a in-depth user of Content Wizard. So...what do you mean by 'fails to work' ? cms connection lost ?

the product doesn't go in my smart content library. Is there any way to manually fix this? Alternatively, do you know any other utility that can work instead of Content Wizard? Thanks

Go to your Daz Library/runtime/support/, search by the Product ID that you used for the installation with CW. If you can locate it (a *.dsx file) , re-import this metadata via screenshot 1.

If you cannot find the metadata file, do as per screenshot 2, then reinstall the product with CW.

Well, CW is a great tool though there's still some weakness. Another option is to use the standard Create Product function in DS (screenshot 3), but that'll take more steps and time. You have to create metadata by yourself...

SNAG-2023-11-4-0122.png
    707 x 645 - 79K
    SNAG-2023-11-4-0125.png
    668 x 659 - 65K
    SNAG-2023-11-4-0126.png
    563 x 435 - 80K
    edited November 2023

@crosswind please find attached an example of the error message that I receive. In this case, I am trying to install a product that I bought on RenderHub. I am happy to share the product if you wish, so you can test it yourself and see if you can identify the issue. My email is [email protected], please contact me and I will send you the file. Cheers

OK, you should not send me the product...

Well this is a common issue. User facing files are the files in People, Props, Environments folders, etc. The must be in the root path of zip. So, you check the folder structure in the root path of Zip file, they need to be like : data, People, Runtime, as the screenshot attached.

zip files from 3rd party sites like RE, RH... always put these folders in a subfolder. You just need to extract the zip, move the user facing folder along with data and runtime into root path, and zip again. Content Wizard will install it.

SNAG-2023-11-4-0134.png
    534 x 660 - 7K
    Post edited by crosswind on
  • Thanks a lot!!! It worked!!!!

• Sorry @crosswind , I think I spoke too fast...it did not work for the next product....

So, assuming that I have the three key folders called "data", "people" and "runtime", how should I organise those folders so that content creator can read them?

I tried to zip the three files together into one .zip...didn't work. I also tried to create a folder Content, put the three files inside, and then zip everything....didn't work either.

Any ideas please?

As same as the previous one, and screenshot I attached above. Anything wrong ? still that error message box?

• I did try several other products, and they are usually working fine. So, thanks a lot!!!! I will try to reinstall the one that is not working

edited November 2023

I did try several other products, and they are usually working fine. So, thanks a lot!!!! I will try to reinstall the one that is not working

Yep, it should work. In case there's still such an error: 1) Unzip and Rezip 2) Go to Installation Options tab, open Work Directory (upper left corner), delete all folders there.

Then Analyze.

Post edited by crosswind on