Problem with Templates in DS 4.22.0.1

This discussion was created from comments split from: 4.22 nightmare.

Comments

• tsroemitsroemi Posts: 2,687

Hi, so this is not a nightmare issue with 4.22, but I can't find where else to post this to get help, so I'll try here: I installed 4.22 just fine I think, as well as the templates (which I only found by searching for them in DIM, weirdly). The template window does load, but there are no thumbs for the templates, and instead they all show these little exclamation marks and stuff that pops up when files are missing. I tried loading one with a DOF pre-setting nevertheless, but I can't detect any form of DOF in the scene (and there's no camera created anyway, either). So I guess the templates aren't installed correctly --? If so, what do I do to fix this? Help much appreciated!

• Split to its own thread, although there are general threads ion this build in Daz Studio Discussion and the Commons.

Check the end of the log (Help>Troubleshooting>View Log File) immediately after trying to create a scene from a template.

Thanks for creating this thread! Will check log.

Problem solved, I was just being stupid. Had installed the templates and updated default resources to wrong runtime. All good now, thumbs showing up and templates working. Nice feature!

• Good, I'm glad it wa a straightforward fix.

• memcneil70memcneil70 Posts: 4,028

I also didn't have the templates and after reading this, I opened DIM (after updating that too) and typed in 'Default' and found I had a 'Default Templates for DAZ Studio 4.21+' buried in my DIM's inbox that never surfaced for installation. I just now installed it, so it is there along with 'Default Resources for DAZ Studio 4.21+' and 'Install Manager Default Filters'. 

When I opened D|S, I had to click on the 'new' icon, at first no templates showed, but when I clicked the 'New Scene' thumbnail the templates populated the area.

Thank you @tsroemi for starting this thread.

Mary

• The templates are a new package within the product, so they don't appear in the separate Updates section of the Ready To Download tab - and as the base package is quite old they are likely to be well down the list.