Some HDRI not working

2»

Comments

• It probably was both clouds, I thought that was just two parts of a single product.

• FlipmodeFlipmode Posts: 894

Just as a quick mini update ... ExoPlanet VI, VII, VIII have been updated.
    However, it´s going quite slow. :( 

edited December 2023

... but speeding up. Daz QA sent me a new list with updated files:

-Easy Environments Clouds

-Easy Environments Clouds II

-Easy Environments ExoPlanet I

-Easy Environments ExoPlanet V

-Easy Environments ExoPlanet VI

-Easy Environments ExoPlanet VII

-Easy Environments ExoPlanet VIII

-Easy Environments Frozen Lake

-Easy Environments Hell

-Easy Environments Highlands

-Easy Environments Raft & Lagoon

-Easy Environments Road to Nowhere

-Easy Environments Sandstorm

-Easy Environments Snowy Mountains

-Easy Environments Space

-Easy Environments Stairway to Hell

-Easy Environments Tree of Life

-Easy Environments Winter Fields

-Easy Environments Winter II

-Easy Environments Winter II Night & Dawn

-Easy Environments Witchcraft Eclipse

-Easy Environments Witchcraft Sacrifice

-EE Raft & Lagoon Addon

-Frozen Lake SkyspheresHDRIs

-Road to Nowhere Add-on

Post edited by Flipmode on
  • NorthOf45NorthOf45 Posts: 5,436

Awesome! Thank you so much for taking care of the updates. I have continued buying the Easy Environemnt products in the hope something would eventually get corrected, somewhere.

• MelanieLMelanieL Posts: 7,305

Just a question: I'm stuck on DS4.21.0.5 due to Win7/Hardware restrictions. Will the newly-compressed .exr files still work there or do I need to be really careful not to update these products (I have many of them)?

edited December 2023

Thanks for the trust @NorthOf45 !

@MelanieL To be honest, I didn´t test it, because I usually only have one DS installment.
    They should work fine on older versions (at least I never had trouble loading my .exrs without the extra-compression in the past), but double in filesize.
    I wouldn´t rush to grab the updates for 4.21, but not worry about accidentally downloading them either.

Post edited by Flipmode on

Flipmode said:

Thanks for the trust @NorthOf45 !

@MelanieL To be honest, I didn´t test it, because I usually only have one DS installment.
    They should work fine on older versions (at least I never had trouble loading my .exrs without the extra-compression in the past), but double in filesize.
    I wouldn´t rush to grab the updates for 4.21, but not worry about accidentally downloading them either.

Thanks. What I'll probably do is download one of them and try it. Then if the new version (or the doubled filesize) turns out to be a problem on that one, I can roll back to the older version (I save all the old installers, so can roll back if I need to). 

• Quick data point for that, MelanieL: I have not upgraded to 4.22, and I have taken all the Flipmode updates that DIM has offered me. I just loaded Road To Nowhere and Stairway To Hell, both of which I took updates for yesterday, and they look fine in 4.21.

(And, most importantly for me, Glowing Things, which I took an update for today, is still fine! I use Glowing Things -constantly-.)

edited December 2023

Yes, I tried one and it worked fine, but the .exr file is two or three times the size it used to be. So I probably won't bother downloading any more for the moment.

Thanks for the info, anyway!

Post edited by MelanieL on
  • Confirmed updates are in.

Flipmode Updates.png
    1920 x 917 - 126K

contact_8c4cd5c6 said:

Confirmed updates are in.

Yes, according to Daz, all updates should be available now!

If you notice any remaining issues, please let me know here, by mail, or in the Easy Environments thread.
    https://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/comment/7899626/