Automatically adding bones to human models in Daz3d

Hi, is there any utility in the Daz Shop to allow you to automatically add bones to a human model in .obj format? The model I am talking about is a humanoid figure (with horns) created in Wrap 2023 (Facetransfer) on a Genesis 8 model. So, the meshes are from Genesis 8, but unfortunately the model is not recognised by Morph Pro, probably because of the horns. Any advice please?

Comments

• crosswindcrosswind Posts: 6,173
    edited November 2023

First, there's no such a product in Daz3D store or other 3rd-party stores that can automatically add bones for rigging your figure.

Second, was the figure wrapped by you ?  There should be nothing to do with horns... As long as you use Genesis 8 F/M with Base resolution as a floating geometry to wrap the target fixed geometry, you'll be able to import obj to DS with Morph Loader.

So, just check the polycount of that obj file... if it's 16196 (G8M) or 16368 (G8F), or not ...

Post edited by crosswind on
  • @crosswind Thanks for the information and the heads up. I am still experimenting with Wrap 2023 (but the software is AMAZING!), and my first setup was WAY too complicated for my level of experience, so I might have generated a non-Genesis figure by mistake. I am attaching my workflow, would you be so kind to have a look and see if I made some mistakes (very likely!!!)? The MergeGeom node was suggested by the Wrap team and it seemed to fix the issue of the wrapping. If you wish, please drop me an email at [email protected], I would be happy to share the Blender model and the genesis avatar that I am using so you can have a look! Also, how can I check the polycount please?

Thanks a lot, best wishes

Screenshot 2023-11-01 083641.png
    1959 x 1165 - 214K
  • This is the information from my scene info...total vertices 24,849. I can assume it is not a genesis figure then!!! I might need to restart the whole process from scratch....

Screenshot 2023-11-01 084707.png
    412 x 412 - 51K
    edited November 2023

Okay, first check polycount either in Blender or Daz as attached.

For wrapping, do not use MergeGeom, Lattice etc, not necessary and keep nodes as simple as possible! I even rairly use PointsPairs now. Here's an example of wrapping G9 with G8.

Suggest add a Brush node, to smooth eyelids, nails or something.

SNAG-2023-11-1-0035.png
    2560 x 1400 - 891K
    SNAG-2023-11-1-0038.png
    1817 x 1396 - 378K
    SNAG-2023-11-1-0039.png
    1516 x 1397 - 161K

giorgiogentile_8181b49452 said:

This is the information from my scene info...total vertices 24,849. I can assume it is not a genesis figure then!!! I might need to restart the whole process from scratch....

Ah... this is definitely wrong. devil Pls rebuild the nodes in graph.

• Thanks a lot!!! Could you please advise on the subset selections? What do I need to select from the Genesis 8 F figure and the Blender .obj (with the horns) in order to keep the horns in the final model??

Sorry for the many questions, I am still a complete beginners but I am seriously excited by this software!!!!! :)

edited November 2023

Oh... that'll depend on how complex the horns are.. In quite a few cases, it's not easy to wrap a figure with complex anatomical element(s). If the horns are complicated, a better way is to remove them in Blender, then make it as a geo-graft in Ds. If the horns are straight with small size, you may try to wrap them together, even you may increase the Scale of G8F's head to some extent.

For G8F, you just need to isolate eyeballs and mouth cavity. It seems that you've done it in the graph. Besides, better to make you G8F have the same pose as the target model, at least similar , as much as possible.

• Thanks @crosswind!!!! Could you please suggest any tutorials to make a geo-graft in DS?

edited November 2023

giorgiogentile_8181b49452 said:

Thanks @crosswind!!!! Could you please suggest any tutorials to make a geo-graft in DS?

Sure... but there're just few tutorials on youtube relating to geo-graft. Pls check:

from PA - Sickleyield - https://youtu.be/Zm-QCFKowCw?si=3bz3pQjyhjCCoNtm
    from PA - Vyusur - https://youtu.be/9j8Rgrf7oWY?si=wx_bY7XNqsOyMC5o (Russian, but easy to follow...)

Another old one but with quite a few useful tips & tricks - https://www.youtube.com/live/RsKLD436SSE?si=bRFSoJISZbPMJbxJ