VDB Hell Rider requires DAZ Studio beta?

Just got the VDB Hell Rider SKU:92062 and in the current release of Studio it only renders black smoke. Looking through the threads on the changelogs, it seems it requires capabilities not found in 4.21.0.5, namely emissive volumetrics. Loading 4.22 made the product work, but it seems odd it would be released requiring functionality not found in the current main build?

Comments

• Yes, currently that is the case.

• barbultbarbult Posts: 23,842

Maybe that means a general release is imminent. It has been over a year.

• crosswindcrosswind Posts: 6,174

That new feature shouldn't have been enabled in Publishing Build...and lots of users don't use Public Build. 

• Richard Haseltine said:

Yes, currently that is the case.

OK. At least that means I'm not missing some trick. Went through all the other vdb sets I have and saw they used emissive objects alongside the volumetric to get the lighting. Also managed to find how to fix the rather lacking lighting in the Pyromantix sets while I was poking at things. 

• RandWulfRandWulf Posts: 163

TesseractSpace said:

Richard Haseltine said:

OK. At least that means I'm not missing some trick. Went through all the other vdb sets I have and saw they used emissive objects alongside the volumetric to get the lighting. Also managed to find how to fix the rather lacking lighting in the Pyromantix sets while I was poking at things. 

How did you fix that lighting?

• crosswindcrosswind Posts: 6,174

You have to install a Public Build version.

• RandWulfRandWulf Posts: 163

crosswind said:

You have to install a Public Build version.

Thank you!

• GordigGordig Posts: 9,874

With the release of 4.22 earlier tonight, that should no longer be the case. 

• RandWulf said:

TesseractSpace said:

Richard Haseltine said:

How did you fix that lighting?

If you're refering to the Pyromantix sets, once I read what the ghost light problem in 4.20 was, I just adjusted the cutout opacity of the fire material a bit and boosted the emission to compensate as well. Usually they're around .019 opacity and 200 luminance, so raising luminance to around 10000 helps