DIM Settings problem

MasterstrokeMasterstroke Posts: 1,925

DIM constantly installs the Public Beta Build into the wrong path.

I tried to set a custom Path for the DAZStudio Beta build.
So I went Settings> Advanced Settings > Applications
Here is the list, where apps soupose to be installed.
In this list I see two different paths for DS Public Beta build.
The top one is the one I want my beta build to be installed in.
The bottom one is the wrong one.
So I did a right click and deleted the wrong path.
That means it should be installed into the remaining wrong path.
Wrong
The DIM installer installed again into the wrong path and recreated the wrong path settings int DIM.
What did I do wrong?
How to solve this?

Post edited by Richard Haseltine on

Comments

• FishtalesFishtales Posts: 6,102

Did you try clicking on the wrong path and pointing it to the path you want it installed to?

• crosswindcrosswind Posts: 6,173
    edited October 2023

You should configure 32-bit or 64-bit DS 'Base Path' in Installation tab rather than Applications tab. The latter is for setting path for installing plug-ins, shaders, etc. rather than DS application itselft...

SNAG-2023-10-31-0027.png
    786 x 612 - 43K
    SNAG-2023-10-31-0028.png
    786 x 612 - 47K
    Post edited by crosswind on
  • Moved to Technical Help as it is not a Daz Studio topic.

The Applications tab, as crosswind says, is used to say where application are so that DS can isntasll cotnent or plug-ins for them. It is not possible to manually set a location for the beta, and even if it were that would not control the instalaltion of the base application.

• crosswindcrosswind Posts: 6,173

Not 100% sure but I vaguely rememeber that when I updated Measure Metric plugin Public Build version years ago, DIM popped up an error message saying 'requires path to be defined' or something, but I was not able to select a PB version path...

So I checked manifest.dsx file in IM package and manually configure the PB path into : '...AppData\Roaming\DAZ 3D\InstallManager\UserAccounts\Account.ini'. Then installation was all fine.

SNAG-2023-11-1-0033.png
    1209 x 893 - 77K
  • The beta cannot be isntalled manually (at least officially) so the path should always be set by instalaltion.