Change X,Y, &Z Behavior

Hi everyone, I'm trying to change the coridnate behavior and I can't seem to find where the settings are, nor can I find any YouTube videos on it. When I'm looking at a characteror prop, from the front  view, I want the Z translations to be up towards the "ceiling of the scene" and the floor the character or prop is standing on. X to move or translate the character from left to right, and Y to move or translate from front to back as if the character were walking forward or backward. How do I chnge these settings? Thanks.

Comments

• crosswindcrosswind Posts: 6,174

You want to invert Y and Z, like the coordinates system in Blender ?

AFAIK, there's no way to do so in DS, unless you set X Rotate to 90 or -90, but that's just a rotation with Local Coordinates...

• Left-handed and right-handed coordinate systems (Z-up or Y-up) are a pretty fundamental aspect of the system - Daz Studio, like Lightwave and modo and others uses Y-up.

• mechw8mechw8 Posts: 42

crosswind said:

AFAIK, there's no way to do so in DS, unless you set X Rotate to 90 or -90, but that's just a rotation with Local Coordinates...

Yeah, I want the fundimental cooordinate system to function like Blender, or any other CAD software because that system is more intuitave to use.

• crosswindcrosswind Posts: 6,174

mechw8 said:

crosswind said:

Yeah, I want the fundimental cooordinate system to function like Blender, or any other CAD software because that system is more intuitave to use.

Understood... but I'm afraid you have no way to make it in DS but I believe you'll soon get used to it. I switch in b/t DS and Blender from time to time, and already have a 'muscle memory'.  cheeky