Is it me or the feet weight painting of G9 is wrong?

ZelrishZelrish Posts: 24

Hi,

I noticed today while wanting to pose a G9 female character that the heels were behaving wrongly (getting deformed when rotating the foot joint.

I looked at the weight painting to look for answers and the weight painting of the metatarse and the foot is basically inverted. (even more glaring if you look at the G8 weight painting)

High heels are assigned to the wrong bone as well which leads to this deformation.

Am I using an outdated G9 model? Was this fixed? Cause I'm not really using daz connect so I dunno if it should deliver updates at all. 
Why cannot I find anything relating to this...

PS: Actually, considering it works to move the foot I guess that could be intended.
But it really messes up high heels as the heel itself doesn't get attached to the correct weight painting and ends up getting diformed

Post edited by Zelrish on

Comments

• crosswindcrosswind Posts: 6,174
    edited October 2023

That's because the joints' positions of Foot / Metatarsal on G8 and G9 are different.. or as you said, inverted, but they're not wrong.

As for Heels, there's never been a single joint with weight on any Genesis X figure for them. If there's any distortion on cbs of figure or high heels shoes, we may check and fix them case by case.

You may post a screenshot of the distortion on the high heels...

Post edited by crosswind on
  • ZelrishZelrish Posts: 24
    edited November 2023

Example with Devianttuna13 Catthy's platform styletto heels.

Ok so here is what I mean, this is the metatarsal bone assigned to the high heels themselves here:

So what we see here is exactly the same weight painting that was used for G8F. the difference is that it is now assigned to the Metatarsal instead of the foot itself (in G8F this exact same ewight painting is attached to the foot not the metatarsal)

Maybe my understanding of how G9 moves the rig is wrong but I fail to understand why it even works that way...

Anyway here are the results of both max sliders when bending the heel:

It is less visible on the first picture but the distance between the foot and the heel of the shoe gets shrunk. It's much more obvious on the second screenshot where you see the obvious enlargement in the gap between the foot and the heel of the shoe.

Same thing happens with a heel from HM the Almira set:

Maybe the issue isn't exactly a weight painting one. It does seems like that to me with my selftaught understanding.

I hope you can shed some light on the issue.

Thank you

Post edited by Zelrish on
    edited November 2023

Understood ~~

1st, pls check the difference of Feet bone on G8 and G9, highlighted in yellowish color. As I mentioned before, Feet bone / Metatarsal bone on G9 are inverted in comparison with G8F.  How to say... it was a new 'skeleton design' on G9, which is more optimal. So that's the reason why their weights look like that. No worry, it's not a problem.

2nd, as for the heels issue, that's not really good. I don't know why but the vendor did not fix the cbs for 'Foot - Bend'. I roughly tweak it in Blender and update 'body_cbs_foot_x45n_l' on the shoes as below.  So it definitely can be fixed if you know a modeling / sculpting software. Or you may request the fix from Devianttuna13. I just re-downloaded the product from Rendo while unfortunately I haven't found any fix for that...

It's the similar case on 2nd shoes...

SNAG-2023-11-1-0040.png
    1486 x 1302 - 411K
    SNAG-2023-11-2-0046.png
    2560 x 1400 - 609K
    Post edited by crosswind on
  • Thank you for having a look at it.

Sad to say but it's one of those extra bummers that keep pushing me away from G9 :s 

I will contact Devianttuna13 so that they can fix that for their future releases too though.

Zelrish said:

Thank you for having a look at it.

Sad to say but it's one of those extra bummers that keep pushing me away from G9 :s 

I will contact Devianttuna13 so that they can fix that for their future releases too though.

No worry, I won't comment other area but G9 still has better design in terms of skeleton (bones system). 

I'm gonna also request the fix from devianttuna13, the more requests they get, the more possibility we're gonna have to get the fixed morphs...