Trying to save out and then apply a Material(s) Preset

Okay, I must be missing some important step, or else I'm doing this wrong.

I have a pair of shorts with multiple surfaces that I have applied a shader onto all the surfaces.  I also may have adjusted the tiling on some of these, I don't remember.  It's been awhile since I changed out the fabric on this item, its in a scene-subset I saved out ages ago.

Anyway, I've selected the pair of shorts in the scene, I've gone to the Surfaces pane and selected all the surfaces on it.  I have gone to the File dropdown where I've selected Save As > Material(s) Preset, and have saved it out as a name there.  To check that this worked, I go in the Scene tab and select another copy of the shorts on another character, I then go to the Surfaces tab, make sure all the surfaces are selected in there, and then I go to the Smart Content tab, drill down to Default > Saved Files and I am looking for the preset I just saved out.... and its not showing up at all.  What I AM seeing mostly is a handful of skin presets I'd saved out so I could apply them onto a geograft, but I don't see much of anything else.

Why is this not working?  Am I supposed to be going to some other place in the Daz Studio interface to apply my Material(s) Presets onto this object?  0o

Comments

• crosswindcrosswind Posts: 6,173

First, if you wanna load the preset from Smart Content, you need to select Preset - Materials under Saved Files category, there's a LOCAL USER product, double-click in, you'll find the preset you just saved (by sorting by Last Update), as the attached screenshot.

Second, when you save a Material Preset, you don't have to select Surfaces but just select the figure/item, then Save as... Just select all surfaces or the surface you wanna save in Material(s) Preset Save Options dialogue.

SNAG-2023-10-29-0050.png
    496 x 1302 - 139K
    SNAG-2023-10-29-0051.png
    545 x 710 - 24K
  • Okay, that worked.  Took me a moment to figure out how to get to that.

Wow, that is a.... convoluted way to get to where I needed.  laugh

• crosswindcrosswind Posts: 6,173

Happy Rendering ! devil