(Released) - Egirl Hair for Genesis 9 [Commercial]

ToyenToyen Posts: 1,861
edited October 2023 in Daz PA Commercial Products

Egirl Hair for Genesis 9 now out! - https://www.daz3d.com/egirl-hair-for-genesis-9

Quickstart Video Guide:

Post edited by Richard Haseltine on

Comments

• Very beautiful smiley and mine!

• FSMCDesignsFSMCDesigns Posts: 12,567

Looks great, but looking at the video, are the simulation weightmaps only on the ends or can the whole hair be simulated?

• GordigGordig Posts: 9,169

Honestly I just passed over this when it hit the store, but now that I know it's yours, it's gone into the wishlist.

• ToyenToyen Posts: 1,861

FSMCDesigns said:

Looks great, but looking at the video, are the simulation weightmaps only on the ends or can the whole hair be simulated?

The simulation is used to 'settle down' the final pose and have the hair collide with the figure mostly at the ends, not to drape the entire hair. The goal is to have the hair collide with the figure while it retains it's shape. 

• FSMCDesignsFSMCDesigns Posts: 12,567

Toyen said:

FSMCDesigns said:

The simulation is used to 'settle down' the final pose and have the hair collide with the figure mostly at the ends, not to drape the entire hair. The goal is to have the hair collide with the figure while it retains it's shape. 

Thanks for the reply. Unfotunately that makes it almost unusuable for me since I use many more poses than just standing beauty poses. I need hair that drapes like real world hair in any situation/pose.

It's great looking hair though, hope it sells well!

• KooreoKooreo Posts: 44

I have no plans to ever use gen 9. Any way to get this to work on gen 8.1? 

• felisfelis Posts: 3,666

Kooreo said:

As always with hair you can load it (unparented and unfitted), and then move it to the characters head, possibly scale it a bit, and then parent to the head. 

• ToyenToyen Posts: 1,861

Kooreo said:

I wrote a tutorial how to fit G8 hair to G9 without losing any of the custom rigging. - https://www.deviantart.com/toyen-art/journal/Tutorial-How-to-Fit-Poseable-Hair-to-Genesis-9-933611835

It should work the same way in reverse.