export only visible object problem (brings to morph loader problem)

alofaroalofaro Posts: 12

Hi,

I have tried both both the instructions of this video [video link removed] to convert some heels from G3F to G8F, which is similar to what indicated from this thread https://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/comment/8405866/#Comment_8405866 for G8 to G9, and it would seem OK, but I got a small glitch.

The step where I have to use morph loader pro to load the original shape of the shoes fails with a geometry error, and I realised with some trial, that the problem is because even if I select only the G3F shoes and they are the only thing visible, Daz exports as OBJ everything that is in the scene, not only the visible objects.

To be clear, nothing to do with base geometry or high geometry, it was set to base, and more importantly, I checked the OBJ even with Daz itself, it really puts everything in it as one object, not just the visible shoes.

I actually did a test even deleting (not just hiding) all the characters and leaving only the shoes, one pair hidden one visible (removing the characters means it is not really useful anymore, but whatever), but the result is the same - if I export, both pair of shoes, the visible and invisible one, are in the OBJ file.

I tried both exporting from the menu and using directly the icon, that is not the problem. The funny side is that I use version 4.21 final, the video used the beta version of 4.21 and clearly did not have the problem.

Does anybody know a way to export only a given object (and again, yes, I did try the hiding approach, it did not work)   ?

I cannot even try do the longer "save the object of G3F with right shoes, save as OBJ base res, load G8 with the shoes, and load with morph loader pro" process (counting the only difference would be the shoes shape), because it would save the entire character, not only the shoes, and even at base resolution, G3F and G8F have different geometry (I even checked with the mesh statistics), so, morph loader pro would complain (correctly) about the different geometry.

Thanks

Post edited by Richard Haseltine on

Comments

• alofaroalofaro Posts: 12

Apologies everybody, I have been a bit dumb, after searching more, and going through some threads, I found the answer, in this thread https://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/117806/export-selected-object-only , I copy/paste here the interesting image from that thread.

• crosswindcrosswind Posts: 6,173
    edited October 2023

The tutorial was made by me and I showed the OBJ options in it... But pls remove the link of Youtube as it shows Nudity... And if that Youtuber is you, pls remove it as well. Thanks ~ devil

Post edited by crosswind on