Help installing Kids 4 (Solved)

nabob21nabob21 Posts: 951

Hello,

Many years ago I installed The Kids 4 for use in Poser. Now I am trying to install them in Daz Studio. I have tried installing using Daz Central and manually but in both cases when I try to add Kids 4 to a scene I get a message that states "The Kids 4 support folder could not be found". I am installing Kids 4 on an external drive where I have all of my Daz Studio content installed. Does anyone know why my install is not working?

Thanks in advance for any replies.

nabob21

Post edited by nabob21 on

Comments

• NorthOf45NorthOf45 Posts: 5,436

You neeed to run that initialization program in "Runtime\Libraries\!DAZ\DzCreateExPFiles-K4.bat". It will create the support folder and all the morph references. Installing with DIM calls that routine automatically, IIRC. If you have Morphs++ and the Power Loader, you can configure which morph injections to create and use each time you load a K4 figure. You need to generate the ExP files at least once for every morph package that is added (for all Millennium Generation 4 figures).

• nabob21nabob21 Posts: 951

Thanks NorthOf45 but running the .bat files didn't solve my problem. I even tried installing using DIM. Could it be because I am installing on an external drive?

Did it create a folder "\Runtime\Libraries\!DAZ\The Kids 4" with hundreds of files (in many folders, one for each node)?

The location of the drive shouldn't matter, as long as the library is a Poser Format mapped folder. Do you have other Mill Gen 4 characters installed, and do they load properly?

Restart Studio? It's been so long since I installed those ExP characters...

edited October 2023

Yes, it seems to have created all of the files in the right folders. I have restarted studio to no effect. I notice that I am getting the same error message with V4 and M4 as well.

Post edited by nabob21 on
    edited October 2023

There have been a few discussions about this problem, but they are hard to find with DAZ forum search. You can use Google or Bing with [support folder could not be found] site:daz3d.com/forums

Have you previously tried using Connect to install? If so, uninstall any M4, V4 K4 products installed that way.

Some suggest just uninstalling all of the V4, M4 K4 products and re-installing. Did you install the Power Loader? Some users hate it, but it does automate some processes.

When installing with DIM, you should get the UAC (User Account Control) dialog to allow changes to be made (because it calls an executable). That prompt usually only comes up once per DIM session, so if you did it recently, it might not show up again if you don't restart DIM.

Post edited by NorthOf45 on

Thank you for the help NorthOf45. I did the search as you suggested and found the answer. It had to do with the order of my library files in Content manager.

Great! Strange how that works for some, but doesn't matter for others.