Clothing Converter Heels

Rev3DRev3D Posts: 69

Hello, 

Trying to convert some heels but having some trouble as I can't seem to get the feet to fit once I've converted the heels.

Converting from G8 to G9.

2ed87e6b4e467f69bde6e4b98945a5d0.png
722 x 388 - 94K
Post edited by Rev3D on

Comments

• LeanaLeana Posts: 11,386

What boots are those? They might be ones where you're supposed to hide the feet, or which had a custom fit morph for them.

• FSMCDesignsFSMCDesigns Posts: 12,719

Heels really don't convert well no matter the generation and when they do, there is usually mesh distortion, so I just use the the figures the heels are made for.

• crosswindcrosswind Posts: 6,173
    edited December 2023

Converting high heels shoes is a bit cumbersome from G8 - G9 or vice versa. It's easy for the vendors to do so but not for us since we don't have the original project files...

But actually all heels could be 100% perfectly converted across generations as long as we know the tricks + knowing one modeling / sculpting software. Key steps as below:

0) Well use Clone to align 2 figures, try to make them have the same feet poses AMAP. Save G9's feet pose as a High Heels Pose Preset ( very important! );
    1) Load high heels to G8, auto-fit high heels to G9 with G8's Clone
    2) Export G8's high heels to obj file. Import it to G9's high heels with Morph Loader Pro to make a 'Base Fix' morph dial (import options: Reverse deformations + Delta only)
    3) Reset G9's pose, zero Clone, apply G9's High Heels Pose Preset
    4) Export G9 figure + G9's high heels to obj file. In Blender or Zbrush... tweak the high heels' shape by sculpting. Import back to Ds to update 'Base Fix' morph on the heels
    5) Check all cbs (corrective morphs) in hidden properties of high heels by rotating G9's feet. Fix them if there's distortion, as well as bs (base shape) of the characters you use. Fix them as needed.

I ever converted some. Here's an example.

SNAG-2023-10-28-0045.png
    2560 x 1400 - 610K
    SNAG-2023-10-28-0043.png
    2560 x 1400 - 1M
    Post edited by crosswind on
  • Rev3DRev3D Posts: 69

crosswind said:

Converting high heels shoes is a bit cumbersome from G8 - G9 or vice versa. It's easy for the vendors to do so but not for us since we don't have the original project files...

But actually all heels could be 100% perfectly converted across generations as long as we know the tricks + knowing one modeling / sculpting software. Key steps as below:

0) Well use Clone to align 2 figures, try to make them have the same feet poses AMAP. Save G9's feet pose as a High Heels Pose Preset ( very important! );
    1) Load high heels to G8, auto-fit high heels to G9 with G8's Clone
    2) Export G8's high heels to obj file. Import it to G9's high heels with Morph Loader Pro to make a 'Base Fix' morph dial (import options: Reverse deformations + Delta only)
    3) Reset G9's pose, apply G9's High Heels Pose Preset
    4) Export G9 figure + G9's high heels to obj file. In Blender or Zbrush... tweak the high heels' shape by sculpting. Import back to Ds to update 'Base Fix' morph on the heels
    5) Check all cbs (corrective morphs) in hidden properties of high heels by rotating G9's feet. Fix them if there's distortion, as well as bs (base shape) of the characters you use. Fix them as needed.

I ever converted some. Here's an example.

Thank you, I'll give this a try.