If I will buy genesis 9 chain can I use it to genesis 8?

foxyfoxfurriesfoxyfoxfurries Posts: 322

Hello there :)
I saw this amazing chain! Chain Jewelry for Genesis 9 | Daz 3D
But I saw that fit only to Genesis 9 , If I will buy it can I put it to genesis 8? and if yes its easy?
Thanks

Post edited by Richard Haseltine on

Comments

• Moved to Technical help as it is a question about a content product, not Daz Studio.

Most of it would probably just parent, after moving, and it doesn't immediately look as if the materials use Hierarchical presets so there may be no great issues there.

• crosswindcrosswind Posts: 6,173

Yes, you can just use Auto-Fit while loading G9's conforming accessories to G8, but first you must have a G9's Clone for G8.

You may either go for having this product - https://www.daz3d.com/mmx-genesis-9-clones-for-all... or follow Catherine's tutorial to make one by yourself - https://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/599231/making-clones-of-g9-tutorial/p1

Suggest the latter 'cause it's easy and you may learn some useful skills.

• crosswind said:

Yes, you can just use Auto-Fit while loading G9's conforming accessories to G8, but first you must have a G9's Clone for G8.

You may either go for having this product - https://www.daz3d.com/mmx-genesis-9-clones-for-all... or follow Catherine's tutorial to make one by yourself - https://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/599231/making-clones-of-g9-tutorial/p1

Richard Haseltine I bought it because I have also genesis 9 but to 8 its dont fit at all , Wish it was automaticly because I really liked the chain  

Thank you! for some reason the first link wont work , and its hard to do it? thanks

https://www.daz3d.com/mmx-genesis-9-clones-for-all

Nope, it's not difficult at all.

• barbultbarbult Posts: 23,842

foxyfoxfurries said:

crosswind said:

Richard Haseltine I bought it because I have also genesis 9 but to 8 its dont fit at all , Wish it was automaticly because I really liked the chain  

Thank you! for some reason the first link wont work , and its hard to do it? thanks

Richard suggested that you parent it to G8, not fit it. Did you try that? Did it work?

• foxyfoxfurriesfoxyfoxfurries Posts: 322
    edited October 2023

barbult said:

foxyfoxfurries said:

crosswind said:

Richard suggested that you parent it to G8, not fit it. Did you try that? Did it work?

crosswind ok I will try it out hope I will understand what to do there haha.

What you mean about parent it to G8? I dont really understand like put the chain on my model and click Genesis 8 Female? If yes this option not there 
    Hope to learn more about it because G9 really have amazing outfits but I love use G8 for now

EDIT : I bought what crosswind told me and it works well! Its still make the chain more little from the back but I think its the best way to make it fit to G8 right? THANK YOU ALL BTW :)

FAX.PNG
    270 x 187 - 8K
    fxa.PNG
    381 x 284 - 291K
    Post edited by foxyfoxfurries on
    edited October 2023

That's nice !

Well, Parenting to G8 means that you don't FIT the necklace to G8 but just load the necklace to the scene (do not select G8 first). Then select G8's Neck Lower, and drag the necklace to Neck Lower. ( Or right mouse button click on Necklace and 'Change ... Parent to...')  So there will be no Auto-Fit dialogue popping up and it's a simple way to use some Wearables across Genesis generations.

But this product won't work well in this way... you have to adjust a lot by Scaling and tweaking Translate and Rotate.  It is not like a parented short hair and it's unconformed, so it won't well follow the neck(s) rotations...

I tested the product. Auto-Fit with G9's Clone works well, and there're quite a few morphs on the necklace. Pls feel free to tweak them to make a better fitting.

Post edited by crosswind on
  • crosswind said:

That's nice !

Well, Parenting to G8 means that you don't FIT the necklace to G8 but just load the necklace to the scene (do not select G8 first). Then select G8's Neck Lower, and drag the necklace to Neck Lower. ( Or right mouse button click on Necklace and 'Change ... Parent to...')  So there will be no Auto-Fit dialogue popping up and it's a simple way to use some Wearables across Genesis generations.

But this product won't work well in this way... you have to adjust a lot by Scaling and tweaking Translate and Rotate.  It is not like a parented short hair and it's unconformed, so it won't well follow the neck(s) rotations...

I tested the product. Auto-Fit with G9's Clone works well, and there're quite a few morphs on the necklace. Pls feel free to tweak them to make a better fitting.

Oh ok I understand! thank you very much you helped me a lot! Well I tryed to click with the mouse and make it change but didn't actually understand what I need to change haha.
    The outofit you gave me its actually looking good I wont lie I really liked how it looks and my girl hair cover when it comes more small any way.
    If you have some way to fix it to make it without make it small behind it's can be cool but also with that it looks awesome :P

foxyfoxfurries said:

crosswind said:

That's nice !

Oh ok I understand! thank you very much you helped me a lot! Well I tryed to click with the mouse and make it change but didn't actually understand what I need to change haha.
    The outofit you gave me its actually looking good I wont lie I really liked how it looks and my girl hair cover when it comes more small any way.
    If you have some way to fix it to make it without make it small behind it's can be cool but also with that it looks awesome :P

I don't get it... You mean the necklace is a bit small on the back of your characters neck ? That'll depend on the body morph you use. I found no problem on G8 Base. Or you name the character you use and post a screenshot...  Everything could be fixed.

SNAG-2023-10-29-0048.png
    2011 x 1394 - 573K
  • crosswind said:

foxyfoxfurries said:

crosswind said:

That's nice !

I don't get it... You mean the necklace is a bit small on the back of your characters neck ? That'll depend on the body morph you use. I found no problem on G8 Base. Or you name the character you use and post a screenshot...  Everything could be fixed.

Well I check it out on some genesis 9 and it looks the same haha , the chain is more small in the back a little bit like you show so its perfect! THANKS FOR THE HELP! YOUR AWESOME! :D

foxyfoxfurries said:

crosswind said:

foxyfoxfurries said:

crosswind said:

That's nice !

Well I check it out on some genesis 9 and it looks the same haha , the chain is more small in the back a little bit like you show so its perfect! THANKS FOR THE HELP! YOUR AWESOME! :D

Great ! No problem !yes