Iray not rendering

This discussion was created from comments split from: Iray not rendering.

Comments

• I have been experiencing this as well, its as if there is some kind of glitch in the program. The progress bar disappears with an indication that somethig is off. I have a fairly robust system, and the same components in an identical scene (with figures in different positions) render just fine. It's like the scene has gone bad, and will not render in IRAY in the viewport. The scene renders just fine in the when rendering to a file, but for setup purposes, this is big problem. My Task manager shows the CPU and the GPU working like always, but no preview sticks. The rendered image shows for a brief second if the second viewport is altered slightly or the the angle of rendeering is changed just a bit. It would be great if this could be resolved. If the File/Save Last Draw is used, the rendered scene is saved.

I looked at the log file and it does say:
    2023-10-24 18:00:27.576 [WARNING] :: ..\..\..\..\..\src\pluginsource\DzIrayRender\dzneuraymgr.cpp(369): Iray [ERROR] - IRAY:RENDER ::   1.9   IRAY   rend error: CUDA device 0 (NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070): Not enough memory for kernel launches (401.871 MiB (401.871 MiB) required, 0.000 B available). Cannot allocate framebuffer.
    2023-10-24 18:00:27.576 [WARNING] :: ..\..\..\..\..\src\pluginsource\DzIrayRender\dzneuraymgr.cpp(369): Iray [ERROR] - IRAY:RENDER ::   1.11  IRAY   rend error: CUDA device 0 (NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070): Failed to setup device frame buffer
    2023-10-24 18:00:27.576 [WARNING] :: ..\..\..\..\..\src\pluginsource\DzIrayRender\dzneuraymgr.cpp(369): Iray [ERROR] - IRAY:RENDER ::   1.11  IRAY   rend error: CUDA device 0 (NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070): Device failed while rendering
    2023-10-24 18:00:27.576 [WARNING] :: ..\..\..\..\..\src\pluginsource\DzIrayRender\dzneuraymgr.cpp(369): Iray [WARNING] - IRAY:RENDER ::   1.11  IRAY   rend warn : CUDA device 0 (NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070) ran out of memory and is temporarily unavailable for rendering.
    2023-10-24 18:00:27.713 [WARNING] :: ..\..\..\..\..\src\pluginsource\DzIrayRender\dzneuraymgr.cpp(369): Iray [ERROR] - IRAY:RENDER ::   1.11  IRAY   rend error: CUDA device 0 (NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070): [Guidance sync] Failed slave device (remaining 1, done 0).
    2023-10-24 18:00:27.741 Iray [INFO] - IRAY:RENDER ::   1.0   IRAY   rend info : Rendering with 1 device(s):
    2023-10-24 18:00:27.741 Iray [INFO] - IRAY:RENDER ::   1.0   IRAY   rend info : CPU
    2023-10-24 18:00:27.741 Iray [INFO] - IRAY:RENDER ::   1.0   IRAY   rend info : Rendering...

• Changes in position can have an effect on the memory used as it causes different paths to be traced - if the system were marginal anyway that could be enough to cause the render to fail, and then you need to restart DS.

• Richard Haseltine said:

Changes in position can have an effect on the memory used as it causes different paths to be traced - if the system were marginal anyway that could be enough to cause the render to fail, and then you need to restart DS.

I have identical figures in several different identical scenes (the figures are posed differently.) All but one will render in the IRAY preview. This seems to indicate either a bug with the NVIDIA driver or a bug with the Daz software. I have the same files on a Mac, which does not use the NVIDA card, and the same problems are replicated. This indicates a bug in the Daz software.

• Split to its own thread, since it probably isn't exactly the same as the original (and certainly not all of the threads you posted to were the same. As for its necesarily being a Daz issue, it could be an Iray issue, it could be a content issue, it could be some other issue. You really aren't giving a great deal of information to try to pin it down.