What causes this transparency image series anomaly?

RexRedRexRed Posts: 1,282

What causes this transparency image series anomaly? 

When I render an animation image series and set it up for the background to be "transparent",

Daz Studio saves the image series into a folder.

When I go into the folder and look at the images, most of them have a white background but occasionally I get a series of them where the background is instead black.

This is not a problem, because, when I load the sequence into Photoshop the background is transparent and when I export the video as a tranparency video, the background is transparent.

I am just wondering if anyone knows why Daz exports some of the images in the series with backgrounds that are white while some are also black?

Thanks in advance for any advice!

Transparency image series.jpg
1917 x 1191 - 476K
Post edited by RexRed on

Comments

• Faeryl WomynFaeryl Womyn Posts: 3,544

I think it's a windows glitch cause I've had the same thing where it looks like there is a white or black background, till I get it into one of my programs. Same with saving image. Don't think it's a problem with Daz when so many other programs do the same.

• crosswindcrosswind Posts: 6,173

Or image viewer issue. BTW, strongly recommend this great freeware, https://www.xnview.com/en/xnviewmp/#downloads Never seen black ones with it.

• WendyLuvsCatzWendyLuvsCatz Posts: 38,035

windows thumbnails do that a lot

• RexRedRexRed Posts: 1,282
    edited October 2023

crosswind said:

Or image viewer issue. BTW, strongly recommend this great freeware, https://www.xnview.com/en/xnviewmp/#downloads Never seen black ones with it.

I uninstalled my EXR/HDRI viewer. I had one, forget its name "sage" something.

I keep a folder with copies of all of my Daz HDRI and EXR files.

When I would go to that folder it would take Windows an hour to populate all 3000+ HDRI files.

So, it is sluggish trying to navigate the folder each time, waiting waiting waiting...

What I did was created small thumbnails of each HDRI file and I keep them in the same folder. When I go to that folder Windows does not even attempt to display the HDRI files (I uninstalled the HDRI preview program) only the JPG thumbnails. 

The thumbnails have the same exact file name other than JPG for the extent.

They show immediately when I open the folder and they reside right next to the HDRI/EXR file because I have the folder sort arrange menu set to sort by name.

If I remember to click the HDRI file instead of the JPG file I am all set.

Much faster than trying to use a thumbnail preview of an actual HDRI file.

Post edited by RexRed on

WendyLuvsCatz said:

windows thumbnails do that a lot

So it is not me then, thanks for the help on this Wendy! 

smileyyes

Faeryl Womyn said:

I think it's a windows glitch cause I've had the same thing where it looks like there is a white or black background, till I get it into one of my programs. Same with saving image. Don't think it's a problem with Daz when so many other programs do the same.

Thanks for confirming this Faeryl! I can ingnore this then. I wonder what makes Windows suddenly change its mind... lol

I found if I hold my breath and count to ten it will switch colors...  enlightened