FREEBIE Portal prop for DazStudio 4

namtar3dnamtar3d Posts: 243
edited October 2023 in Freebies

Hello everyone, this is a small prop to make a Dimensional Portal effect using the shadowcatcher and HDRI maps.

I originally planned to sell this product as a complement to the wonderful V3D HDR Creator, but the physical limitations of the IRAY renderer made it impossible for me to create the product I would have wanted to offer. Therefore I decided to release this product as a Freebie.

It comes with a small tutorial to create this effect in closed environments, using the V3D HDR Creator.

I hope you enjoy it, greetings!

https://www.renderosity.com/freestuff/items/96337/portal-prop-for-hdri-environments

PROMO 002.jpg
2000 x 2000 - 923K
PROMO 001.png
2000 x 2000 - 5M
PROMO 003.png
2000 x 2000 - 5M
Post edited by Richard Haseltine on

Comments

• DartanbeckDartanbeck Posts: 21,233

Thanks! Very kind (and helpful!!!) of you!

• I've moved this to the Freebies forum as the daz Studio forum is intended for posts about the application itself, rather than content.

• Faeryl WomynFaeryl Womyn Posts: 3,303

This looks great, thank you

• namtar3dnamtar3d Posts: 243

Some people are wondering what is this prop. Well, as you can see in the pics, it is a a prop to make an actual portal effect without postwork.

Screenshot_91.jpg
    685 x 692 - 66K
    Screenshot_92.jpg
    680 x 690 - 96K
    Screenshot_93.jpg
    697 x 770 - 84K
  • Thanks.  I'll have to check it out. 

• markusmaternmarkusmatern Posts: 526
    edited November 2023

Thank you very much for this freebie. First tests look very promising smiley

Portal_WithCloud_FishingBoat_NRI_Web.jpg
    1920 x 1080 - 473K
    Post edited by markusmatern on
  • RedfernRedfern Posts: 1,582

Looks like it could be handy for depicting the Doctor emerging from the TARDIS, allowing the viewer to catch a glimpse of its "dimensionally transcendental" interior.

• MilosGulanMilosGulan Posts: 1,950
    edited November 2023

Thank You. It really looks good.

Post edited by MilosGulan on
  • namtar3dnamtar3d Posts: 243

markusmatern said:

Thank you very much for this freebie. First tests look very promising smiley

I love the smoke effect! I was actually trying to make something similar, but it takes a lot of PC resources to use VDB, and the original idea of my product was to be friendly to use for most users. 

I'm glad some of you are actually testing it, thank you!