Geometry editor and morphs cleaning.

Okay, full story. I have a https://www.daz3d.com/umbra-outfit-for-genesis-8-and-81-females clothing set and it comes with some morphs for Genesis 8 itself that simulate the pressure of clothing on the skin. It`s awesome. The sad part - by unknown reason this morphs also affect teeth making them looks weird. Look at the pics below.

And fortunately I know how to fix such things! Ain't my first rodeo! So i put the necessary morphs into favorites, then Geometry Editor > Vortex Selection > Selecting face area with teeth > Morph Editing > Clear Selected Deltas from Favorites... BAH! Didn`t work. Nothing. No effect. It works for every single morph i have, but not for this four. And now i`m here begging for help. Why it didn't work? What else can i do, to stop this morphs ruining her teeth?

Comments

• crosswindcrosswind Posts: 6,173
    edited October 2023

Clear Delta can only work with one morph each time. You may dial the morph and Clear Delta one by one.

PS: I just noticed I have this product. Will check it later.

Post edited by crosswind on
  • lilweeplilweep Posts: 2,375
    edited October 2023

is there maybe a subcomponent morph that is activated by those other morphs? Maybe the subcomponent morph under control of those dials has the deltas.

Post edited by lilweep on
  • Clear deltas will not work with HD morphs, which I would think the pressure morphs must be. Check lilweep's suggestion and check for updates, but if it doesn't help you will need to open a ticket to report the issue.

• Dave2Dave2 Posts: 16

lilweep said:

is there maybe a subcomponent morph that is activated by those other morphs? Maybe the subcomponent morph under control of those dials has the deltas.

Richard Haseltine said:

Clear deltas will not work with HD morphs, which I would think the pressure morphs must be. Check lilweep's suggestion and check for updates, but if it doesn't help you will need to open a ticket to report the issue.

I`m not sure if i`m doing it right way, but since there is no “Sub-Components” tab and there is a "HD-Limit" tab this is definitely an HD morph and thats a problem. If I turn on HD limit 0, the teeth become normal, but the morph itself loses a lot of detail. HD limit 1 and higher breaks teeth. So, it turns out that I really can’t do anything here on my own? Something like creating a teeth-only countermorph that will bring back the changes? I`m still not sure how this HD things works.

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 99,293
    edited October 2023

You might be able to add a counter moprh, or it might just look even weirder. But really, this looks to be a bug so it should be reproted to Daz and fixed by the PA (assuming there are no updates already).

Edit: there is an update, "2022-04-19 Fixed Micropressure HD morphing teeth for Corset", so please make sure you have downloaded the current files from your account and are using those - check you don't have two copies of the files, possibly with the older, unupdated version in front of the updated version..

Post edited by Richard Haseltine on
  • Dave2Dave2 Posts: 16

Richard Haseltine said:

You might be able to add a counter moprh, or it might just look even weirder. But really, this looks to be a bug so it should be reproted to Daz and fixed by the PA (assuming there are no updates already).

Edit: there is an update, "2022-04-19 Fixed Micropressure HD morphing teeth for Corset", so please make sure you have downloaded the current files from your account and are using those - check you don't have two copies of the files, possibly with the older, unupdated version in front of the updated version..

I`ll give it a try! Thanks for your help.

• crosswindcrosswind Posts: 6,173

There's no issue with the latest product update on my side. They're HD morphs and right, this function won't clear HD deltas. If I delete *.dhdm files, it works, just for Base resolution morphs.