Installing 'LimbStick for Genesis 9'

Hi there, today I purchased 'LimbStick for Genesis 9' and 'installed it via DIM.

The product shows up under 'Smart Content' but, when I click on the '3DU LimbStick G9' script, I just get an error message 'Error opening file'. I also can not open the PDF Help Document but I have found a way around that for the moment!

However, the '3DU System Metrics' script does work although it does list, in the System Details, that the OS is Windows 10 when it is actually Windows 11!

Any suggestions?

Comments

• How did you install?

• MGMOZMGMOZ Posts: 97

The same way as usual, through DAZ Install Manager.

• crosswindcrosswind Posts: 6,174

The error message is like the attached screenshot 1?

As for opening PDF, as there's an tiny error in the script, you could only open the PDF in Content Library rather than Smart Content. If you wanna fix it, just open '3DU Limb Stick G9 Help Document.dsa' with Notepad++, go to line 12, change "Scripts/" to "scripts/", 'cause of case-sensitve...

SNAG-2023-10-19-0031.png
    470 x 98 - 5K
    SNAG-2023-10-19-0032.png
    983 x 553 - 50K

Thanks crosswind,

Yes, that screenshot is the exact error message I'm getting.
    As a matter of interest, if I go into 'Content Library' and type in "LimbStick" into the search engine and use 'File' not 'Database', the script does work. That's my 'work_around' at the moment!

That change to the PDF file has fixed the 'help document' issue. Thank you!

• If you were to need it enough, and think it were faster until this very old bug gets fixed, you can make a shortcut to the script's physical file on your desktop and run it from there, and works the same as the way you found. A nice find, too, btw.
  • crosswindcrosswind Posts: 6,174

Getting PDF file from that data folder could be even more straight-forward. But for the error message issue, I could not reproduce it with both G3/G8 ang G9 versions, whereaver from Smart Content or Content Library. Suggest you send a support ticket.

Phatmartino said:

If you were to need it enough, and think it were faster until this very old bug gets fixed, you can make a shortcut to the script's physical file on your desktop and run it from there, and works the same as the way you found. A nice find, too, btw.

Thanks,  Phatmartino! I'll give the desktop shortcut a try. Cheers!

crosswind said:

Getting PDF file from that data folder could be even more straight-forward. But for the error message issue, I could not reproduce it with both G3/G8 ang G9 versions, whereaver from Smart Content or Content Library. Suggest you send a support ticket.

Thanks  crosswind, I'll get the info together and send in a support ticket. Thanks for your help. Cheers!