DAZStudio.exe caused ACCESS_VIOLATION in module

DAZStudio.exe caused ACCESS_VIOLATION in module "C:\Program Files\DAZ 3D\DAZStudio4\dzcore.dll" at 0033:00000000416529C2, DzWavImporter::qt_metacall()+1846866 byte(s)

Hello Team,

1. Got caught in the upgrade to Windows 11 from 10
  2. Upgraded to Win10
  3. Installed DIM
  4. Installed Daz
  5. In DIM settings I changed the directories to point to my old Daz Library
  6. Open Daz, get the Access Violation crash
  7. Went back into DIM and set the Settings back to Defaults - same error opening Daz Studio
  8. Uninstalled and Reinstalled Daz multipe times now and no change, same error.

Is this Windows 11? Does Daz not support Win11 ?

Any help would be apreciated, cant use Daz Studio at all. 

zip
zip
DAZStudio_error_report_231017-144224.zip

Comments

• crosswindcrosswind Posts: 6,173

DzCore.dll relevance should not be related to settings in DIM, while it's really not easy to have troubleshooting with access violation crash. One suggestion: go to install a purely clean Daz Studio Public Build version on your new Win11 and try with it.

Alternatives: completely clean the registry relating to Daz Studio as well.

• In one of the files it mentions a metadata error with OOT Everyday Spring Style Hair for G9 - I just dont get how this would matter if my Daz Library is not even listed as a Content Library.

HyeVltg3 said:

In one of the files it mentions a metadata error with OOT Everyday Spring Style Hair for G9 - I just dont get how this would matter if my Daz Library is not even listed as a Content Library.

I checked that cloudlog you attached. As per my experience, metadata in cms has nothing to do with DzCore let alone causing a crash resulting from access violation (RAM related).

I analyzed crashdump as well, there's no explicit clue... but just a DzWavImporter function (not a plugin) within DzCore. I have no idea about that so far...

• So I gave up waiting on a ticket and just redid the Windows 11 installation. Daz Studio seems to be working now.

HyeVltg3 said:

So I gave up waiting on a ticket and just redid the Windows 11 installation. Daz Studio seems to be working now.

Okay, that's great! Seems a fresh new OS + fresh new DS worked.