DAZ Connect doesn't show my installed files

Hi.

Is there a way to make DAZ Studio recognize my DAZ Connect installed files?

I don't know what I touched, probably reset database, and now Connect is empty. Reinstalling the products download the whole files again, it doesn't recognize my files already in the cloud folder.

Downloading through Connect is unbearable slow, which was what I was trying to fix when I broke everything, so download everything again is impossible, I would have to move to DIM before attempting that.

Is there something that can be done? All my files are there, it's just DAZ Studio can't see them.

Thanks.

Comments

• LeanaLeana Posts: 11,386

If you reset the database you should just need to reimport metadata I think.

• SotoSoto Posts: 1,438

Leana said:

Thanks, unfortunately, that only seems to work for DIM files. Connect files are not on the list. 

• crosswindcrosswind Posts: 6,174
    edited October 2023

Have you checked if your cms database is down or not ? And the folders under Daz Connect in Content Library are all gone as well?

Post edited by crosswind on

crosswind said:

Have you checked if your cms database is down or not ? And the folders under Daz Connect in Content Library are all gone as well?

There are no folders unders Daz Connect in Content Library except the ones from files I downloaded again to test. There wasn't a Connect folder at all until I installed a Connect file.

How can I check if cms is down?

Thanks. 

edited October 2023

Hellboy said:

crosswind said:

There are no folders unders Daz Connect in Content Library except the ones from files I downloaded again to test. There wasn't a Connect folder at all until I installed a Connect file.

How can I check if cms is down?

Thanks. 

as the attached screenshot... pls check.

SNAG-2023-10-17-0023.png
    1727 x 1398 - 251K
    Post edited by crosswind on

Thanks. CMS is running.

So nothing could be seen in Smart Content either?

• Hellboy said:

Leana said:

Thanks, unfortunately, that only seems to work for DIM files. Connect files are not on the list. 

Daz Connect doesn't reimport its metadata like that, if the database goes then the only option is to go through reinstalaltion (which should, as long as the directory has not been chnaged, see the existing files and not redownload them). Do check, though, that you still have the parent folder of /data/cloud/ selected as the Daz Connect data directory or a regular content diectory as not finding the files will also stop them from displaying in the virtual Daz Connect content directory.

Richard Haseltine said:

Hellboy said:

Leana said:

Daz Connect doesn't reimport its metadata like that, if the database goes then the only option is to go through reinstalaltion (which should, as long as the directory has not been chnaged, see the existing files and not redownload them). Do check, though, that you still have the parent folder of /data/cloud/ selected as the Daz Connect data directory or a regular content diectory as not finding the files will also stop them from displaying in the virtual Daz Connect content directory.

Thanks, yeah, I didn't changed the directory and it's still the one referenced in the Content Directory Manager.

I tried reinstalling things, but DS fails to see the files are already there and downloads them all from scratch at an incredibly slow pace compared to DIM/Central. I dissabled firewalls and antivirus just to try.

Installing offline products doesn't work either. I know how to install those, but it's not working anymore.

Smart Content only shows the DIM files.