Clear timeline?

I have a scene from which I would like to save a character as a scene subset. I added a pose in the animation timeline for a dforce simulation, more guessing than knowing what I am doing as I am not proficient in the Timeline feature, now all the animation data including the frame 0 pose and parameters are included in the subset, and it load the parameters and pose from frame 0, which is wrong. It seems I have been shaping the character on frame 30. 

So what I'd like to do is only keep frame 30 and discard/delete the rest but I can't find any such option. How do I get out of this mess?

Comments

• crosswindcrosswind Posts: 6,173

Yes, as a 'feature' Scene Subset saves all frames data on the timeline. Your case is a bit complex as there's a dForce simulation result. You may: (Save your scene file first.)

1) on frame 30, select the dforce garment, set its Resolution Level to Base. Export to wavefront OBJ file.
    2) marquee select the key frames on frame 30, copy and paste to frame 0. Delete all other frames except for frame 0.
    3) Import OBJ file to the garment with Morph Loader Pro (Reverse Deformations: Yes + Overwrite Existing: Deltas Only). Dial the imported morph to 100%.
    4) Save to Subset.

* If there're multiple garments, replicate the same steps of export / import.

• Ok, I think we can have one bit easier: I don't need the dfroce result saved. I can just resim them or even delete the clothing item and reload fresh from library. Keeping the actor with all the tweaks and params and attachments like lashes and textures, that's the entire goal her.

What troubles me is step 2: "marquee select"? Like rectangular draw over the timeline triangles? All the intuitive items like copy paste cut delete I do not find anywhere so the real question probably is for a good tutorial for absolute b00ns.

edited October 2023

Yes, drag with your left mouse button and select the key frames, or if you only need the characters' key frame(s), just click the 'black triangle' on the character's root node...

As for dForce, the simulation result with a timeline and current frame are different...But if you can accept the static simulation result, that'll be fine and much easier.

I don't know if there's a detailed tutorial for these...Sorry.

SNAG-2023-10-17-0022.png
    1749 x 1306 - 240K
    Post edited by crosswind on
  • I could delete the rest of the timeline but was told that doesn't mean key frames won't stay, hidden. Can someone comment on that?

Apart from that copy-to-frame-0 did not copy over the character shaping. I had to save a shaping preset and apply to the actor at frame 0 again.

Check Types dropdown list on the bottom of your Timeline, as per my screenshotp. As long as you tick Hidden, no key frame will be hidden... as long as you tick Others, all Shaping relevance will be there and they could be copied / pasted with NP.

• drucdruc Posts: 399

Maybe this option will work. In the Time line, select the frame with the correct pose etc. Save as "pose preset" at the top make sure it says current frame. Now you have the pose. Start with a fresh avatar.

• Shaping preset worked, in combo with Materials preset it's doable from scratch, though it means that you have to re-add clothes, hair, grafts if you used any... DS could use a "frame" option in the subset dialog. 

I guess in a pinch one could decompress the duf and edit out the :animation sections, but that's a bit much voodoo :)