Farmer Clothes for Genesis 8 Male(s) shirt is causing a crash :SOLVED

carrie58carrie58 Posts: 3,975

This is kinda late because this out fit is for G8 male and I'm pretty sure that the Help Center won't do anything at this point ,but something is wrong with the shirt every time the shirt is in the scene and I hit render a popup stating DAZ has incountered a fatal error and must close pops up and DS crashes .I've gone through the boots they render ,the overalls they render , just the shirt won't render and causes the crash ........has anyone else run into this issue does anyone know what I can try to do to fix it ? I am very frustrated .

Post edited by carrie58 on

Comments

• leemoon_c43b45a114leemoon_c43b45a114 Posts: 850
    edited October 2023

I just loaded the shirt into a scene with a G8.1 male figure and no other pieces of clothing from that set.

It rendered fine for me.  I'm on DS 4.21.1.80 (beta) and tried all 5 texture presets.

I have no idea what might be causing the crash for you.

Lee

Farmers Clothing Shirt Test Render G81M-1.jpg
    1583 x 1024 - 597K
    Post edited by leemoon_c43b45a114 on
  • carrie58carrie58 Posts: 3,975

Well I've just spent the last 4 hours fighting with it and finally tried exporting it as an object ,importing it ,using transfer utility on it and then changeing it to a figure and resaving as a follower and I think I got it to work ,didn't try it with

G8.1 , of course I'm not sure I'll remember what I did in the morning ....ugh ,but I'll be happy to render it .....That is so frustrating that you had no issue ,cause for me even the preload set  crashed DS when I tried to render , but when I broke it down once again it was the shirt causing the issue .......

Thank you for checking @Leemoon_c43b45a114

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 99,293
    edited October 2023

This https://www.daz3d.com/farmer-clothes-for-genesis-8-males ? I just loaded and rendered without issue in 4.21.0.5, the current general reelase, using the nVidia 536.23 drivers. Could it be the hair you are using, if any, or some prop? How about the lighting?

Post edited by Richard Haseltine on
    edited October 2023

Richard Haseltine said:

This https://www.daz3d.com/farmer-clothes-for-genesis-8-males ? I just loaded and rendered without issue in 4.21.0.5, the current general reelase, using the nVidia 536.23 drivers. Could it be the hair you are using, if any, or some prop? How about the lighting?

Well I'm using 4.21.0.5 , as well ,don't know where to find the info on my drivers .It was definitely the shirt though that was borked , I tried loading it by it's self ,I tried loading the preset ,I tried saving the scene and then removing each item ,one by one , when that didn't help I loaded each item one at a time and tried rendering it ,no lights ,no enviroment ,the only item that caused the fatal error and crash was the shirt .I tried redownloading and installing the whole outfit ,still no luck. So I finally exported the shirt ,imported it ,converted it to a weight mapped figure and used transfer utility to make it fit G8 male ,and saved it as a follower .Tested that  and removed the original ,now it is working right .  Really I don't usually throw up my hands and yell for help ,unless I've tried everything I know how to do and then I try to keep poking or scanning the forums for a solution . So I guess I should change my thread to solved ,it's still weird that no one else is having any issues with it ,guess I'll blame it on gremlins.....

• You can get your driver version, on Windows, by right-click on the desktop>nVidia Control Panel - it, and the hardware you have, are listed at top-left of the home page.

edited October 2023

Richard Haseltine said:

You can get your driver version, on Windows, by right-click on the desktop>nVidia Control Panel - it, and the hardware you have, are listed at top-left of the home page.

Oh okay then it's nVidia 536.40 ,but everything else renders fine even after I switch the textures to 3DL......