Entier DazConnect library gone, is it recoverable?

Creatortwin95Creatortwin95 Posts: 44

Hey Guys, sorry for the stupid question, but how do I uninstall Daz3D and all the files from my computer? I was trying to make some Poser product work but screwed something up, now none of my bought Daz3D content seems to be installed despite the icon being there, and it is all products from the store and installed via the install mananger, but it says every time that the file couldn't be found. My lybrary and every other Daz library except my one for external products are gone. 

I tried unistalling it but it seems like just the intsall manager itself is gone, the program is still there, so to speak. 
Some help would be greatly appriciated. Thanks in advance. 

Edit 2023-10-14: So I installed DazCentral again and every product I had installed through it before says that it's installed but when I go into Daz3D every single one of my prodoctus are greyed out. When I go into the Content Directory Manager and tries to chose the Daz Connect Data it says: "The previous Daz Connect Data path is not in the list of daz studio format paths.This can break relative path references to files that recide in the previous path but not in the new path and cause some files to fail during load and/or database enteries to become invalid. Would you like to add the previous path to the list of Daz Studio Format paths?" 

Post edited by Creatortwin95 on

Comments

• felisfelis Posts: 4,189

It is unclear to me what you are observing.

Can you launch DIM (Daz Install Manager)?

• I uninstalled the DIM. Now all my files from the Daz3D store is greyed out and unavailable. I was in the install directonary tab and tried to add a new folder for poser stuff and must've somehow managed to perhaps delete the folder for my DIM stuff.
    I mostly buy from the Daz3D store but sometimes from Renderosity as well, I tried putting my poser stuff there, sometimes it works sometimes it dosen't.  Sorry that I have a hard time explaing the problem, I am not sure myself what happned to be honest. 

• Uninstalling is unlikely to help - it is the solution only to broken core files (e.g. the style fiels that get broken if DS is isntalled for an update while still running).

It sounds as if you have logged in with Daz Studio at soem point and so see a full list of the products that can be isntalled through the application, but which currently aren't isntalled at all 9hence the grey thumbnails). Double-clicking the grey thumbnail should prompt you to log in (if you aren't), then install the content should you wish to use that method. Alternatively, installing through DIM will give a coloured thumbnail 9though it will stil have the avaialble for install icon, since it is as far as the in-application process is concerned). If you think the content iss till isntalled it is possible that you accidentally moved or renamed the content directory - exactly where are the files in that case, and what are your content directory settings (Edit>Preferences, Daz Studio>Preferences for a Mac, then go to the Content tab in the dialogue and click the button to open the Content Directory Manager)?

• I forgot to say that I installed all my products from Dazcentral instead of the DIM, sorry. ^w^; And I use windows instead of Mac. 

• Daz Central, stand-alone application, rather than Daz Connect (through Daz Studio)?