Balcony room for Daz Studio

perlkperlk Posts: 847
edited October 2023 in Freebies

I announce my triumphant return to modeling with this neat little balcony room I modeled based off the home of Gale of Waterdeep from the game Baldur's Gate 3. 

Now at DeviantArt and soon at Renderosity...

https://www.deviantart.com/perlk/art/Free-Balcony-Room-for-Daz-Studio-987308629

Please pay close attention to the readme for commercial rendering information. This is fan art! 

Enjoy!

promo.png
1300 x 1350 - 2M
Post edited by perlk on

Comments

• AOBBAOBB Posts: 957

Wonderful to see you back on the forum, perlk! Welcome! laughheart

• perlkperlk Posts: 847

AOBB said:

Wonderful to see you back on the forum, perlk! Welcome! laughheart

Hey, thanks! It's been a whirlwind of activity at our house, so I might still be just lurking, but glad to give at least a little something back in the meantime :-)

• perlk

Wow! This is something I would like to use in some kind of renders, I look forward for the release in Renderosity.

Thanks beforehand for your nice work and dedications for those who can't spend on something nice to use.

Mostly I look around if there is anything I can use to experiment with my renders.

Don't expect theses renders to be in the Gallery, I want to be sure it has the qualities to be considered artworks, cheers!

• Faeryl WomynFaeryl Womyn Posts: 3,303

Looks great and grabbed it from Deviantart, thank you

You're welcome! It still isn't approved on Renderosity but I will post the link here when it is.

• perlk

I got it on Renderosity, thank you very much!

Hey, do free stuff comes with money back warranty? :p 

At least, it does not cost a dime, is useful and nobody can complain, after all I wish those who have took their time to crate something to give away to others the best, your efforts never will be forgotten in vain!

• ElorElor Posts: 709

Halcon Bluesky said:

Hey, do free stuff comes with money back warranty? :p

It so rare to have artists so certain about the quality of their free products that they provide them with a money back warranty laugh

I loaded the balcony: it does look really nice and I hope I'll have time and idea to play with it and do some fun renders smiley

Thank @perlk yes

• Elor

If you went to Renderosity and got the freebie, then you knew with your eyes what has been written by the author. cheeky

(If there are some imperfections with the freebie, please feel free to contact me and I will do my best to fix it for you!) That's the way it should have been written! laugh 

Anyway, my shout to perlk, I will give it a go, I have seen there are some more goodies you have, I will grab 'em to use later! smiley

Here's the link on Renderosity:

https://www.renderosity.com/freestuff/items/96224/balcony-room-for-daz-studio

Re: warranty... Just being cheeky. I've had so many people download my stuff and then complain about little nits like "the seams don't match up exactly" or "this exploded when I tried to dforce it with another <insert random product here that perlk doesn't have>." While I do my best to try to predict every scenario that someone has a problem and try to anticipate it while modeling, the bottom line is that I'm not an expert, I don't get paid for this, nor is it my day job - so there are bound to be problems that I won't be able to fix or won't have time to fix. I share stuff I create because I have fun doing it.

And you're all very welcome - I can't wait to see what you guys do it with!

edited October 2023

@Halcon Bluesky > The warranty message was written too on Devianart and my message was a tentative to say that the product must be of good quality because of that (and from what I saw before writting it, it's the case) smiley

I was not criticizing either @Perlk or you, and I hope my message wasn't taken that way. If it was, you and/or @Perlk have my sincere apology and I'll try to write my next messages more precisely smiley (I offer no money back warranty on that promise, especially with how low the euro is compared to the dollar right now blush).

Post edited by Elor on
  • WendyLuvsCatzWendyLuvsCatz Posts: 37,871

oh a couple in Australia were complaining about a 1.4million dollar house they won for free choosing beggars know no bounds blush

I want to download this but my big complaint is I don't have any room left on my drives for freebies, too much DAZ and Renderosity stuff (and already downloaded freebies) laugh

am thinking where I can squeeze a snall additional library on a USB

• Elor

No offence on what you said.

I know not so many people are experts in the design of the figures, morphs or props, sometimes we want someting that could be usable.

is true if some designs may have something broken and need to be fixed.

A very constructive feedback is needed, then things can go smooth.

Whereas others who complain too much, then put a lower rating, instead of comunicating with the artist or creator of the freebie.

WendyLuvsCatz,  External Hard Drives are the way to go, get a big capacity storage for keeping all; if you want to work with a laptop then buy a portable Hard Disk with enough storage.

perlk I truly appreciate the efforts of those who share their works with other people, I feel moved by that.

The most important thing, enjoy what you do and have fun.

• WendyLuvsCatzWendyLuvsCatz Posts: 37,871
    edited October 2023

I have 5 external harddrives all full plus as many failed ones

I lost one a couple months ago with all my Unreal and Twinmotion ptojects, all the freebies I have downloaded, lots of my photos videos etc, its been very frustrating

but offtopic

will be a while before I can get another 4TB one but have lots of little flashdrives

still I love freebies heart

Post edited by WendyLuvsCatz on

I didn't take offense at anything! Just moaning in general because people find reasons to complain about everything, even stuff they're getting for free. That's insane that someone complained about a house they won.... really shows the lack of gratitude these days!

@WendyLuvsCatz - totally hear you. I was cleaning up my hard drive and my Daz folder is bigger than almost all of my other folders/software combined. There's so much good stuff out there!!!

• daybirddaybird Posts: 648
    edited October 2023

I'm not the greatest artist, but this freebie is very well done and looks great in the render.

Before her shift.jpg
    2840 x 1598 - 1M
    Post edited by daybird on

daybird said:

I'm not the greatest artist, but this freebie is very well done and looks great in the render.

I beg to differ. This is brilliant work!

• Here is a render I did yesterday, using bakcony (with custom shaders) and RAW Art's moon camera.

howling at the moon.png
    1286 x 1500 - 1M

Eboshijaana said:

Here is a render I did yesterday, using bakcony (with custom shaders) and RAW Art's moon camera.

That looks really great!!!

Thank you for the nice balcony, I finally found the time to finish a scene with it laugh

Too late, Sholmès

@Elor - awesome!