Cake One 20th Anniversary Bundle - tonemapper and environnment options are not created

Hello,

I'm speaking about this bundle:

https://www.daz3d.com/click-n-render--cake-one-20th-anniversary-bundle

Every product was installed with DIM and to be certain there wasn't a problem during installation, I uninstalled them, then redownloaded each product while Daz Studio was closed (I didn't remember if Daz was closed when I installed them the first time).

If I'm using any of the settings included in the bundle (by clicking on their icons), when no Tonemaper Options and Environnment Options are listed in the Scene Panel, none of them will create the Tonemaper Options or Environnment Options. A window does briefly appears after clicking on each icon (and I did click on everyone of them, except the ones located in the utilities folders) showing that something is happening. Using iRay preview will show the default look how iRay preview, showing that no setting was modified after clicking on an icon.

If the Tonemaper Options and Environnment Options were already created (either by using the iRay preview or by using another product which created them), everything is working fine: each setting will apply whatever is needed to achieve the result visible on the thumbnail to the already existing options.

I also have the two other Click'n Render products (the Click N' Render IBL Set and the Click N' Render - POP Edition - IBL Set), and each of the settings of these two products will create the Tonemaper Options and Environnment Options if they didn't already exist or change what's required to achieve the result visible on the thumbnail.

I don't understand why the newly bought products don't work as the previously owned ones, but maybe I did something wrong: I just can see what it could be blush

Comments

• Are the newer products, which do work, Scene Subsets with the nodes?

• ElorElor Posts: 1,095
    edited October 2023

I'm not sure where to look to answer your question, but they are classified as 'preset_render_setting' when I hover my cursor over their icons, wether I'm looking at one of the older product or one of the newer:

Older product:

New product:

older_product.jpg
    562 x 365 - 50K
    newer_product.jpg
    538 x 341 - 47K
    Post edited by Elor on
  • Hmm, well the type can be edited - I suspect the files will be compressed, but you could try opening them in a text editor and see if the block at the top has the same or if it says one is a scene subset.

I copied both files before opening them and I had to unzip the oldest product's .duf file, but the blocks at the top looked pretty similar and looking at every "type" elements, none of them seemed to be about scene subset.

Here's the beginning of the block for the oldest product:

"file_version" : "0.6.0.0",
        "asset_info" : {
            "id" : "/Light%20Presets/Cake%20One/C1-IBL-01.duf",
            "type" : "preset_render_settings",
            "contributor" : {
                "author" : "Cake One",
                "email" : "",
                "website" : "http://www.cakeone.com";
            },
            "revision" : "1.0",
            "modified" : "2019-09-08T19:09:49Z"
        },

And the newest:

"file_version" : "0.6.0.0",
        "asset_info" : {
            "id" : "/Light%20Presets/Click%20N%20Render%20PASTEL%20IBL%20Set/C1-IBL3-01.duf",
            "type" : "preset_render_settings",
            "contributor" : {
                "author" : "Cake One",
                "email" : "",
                "website" : "www.cakeone.com"
            },
            "revision" : "1.0",
            "modified" : "2021-10-26T20:05:15Z"
        },

• OK, all I can suggest then is either make sure you remember to create the nodes, or save new files (e.g. Scene Subsets) after a successful set up and in future use the new files to load, rather than the supplied presets.

Thank you for your help smiley