Trouble with GenX 2 / Help with Returning

DrowElfMorwenDrowElfMorwen Posts: 536

Today I got the Genesis Generation X2 and it doesn't seem to do what I need it to do.

I want to specify that on the product page (https://www.daz3d.com/genesis-generation-x2) is says: "Genesis Generation X2 (short GenX2 or just GenX) transfers morphs from legacy Poser figures to Genesis figures and between different versions of Genesis" AND "The new version has a large number of new features and improvements. It is now also possible to transfer morphs between different versions of Genesis."

But, I can't seem to do it. I'm trying to transfer morphs from Genesis 1 to Genesis 3. However, in the Target menu, *only* Genesis itself is listed. Why isn't Genesis 3 showing up?

Also, please (I hope!) don't tell me I have to buy the add-ons to do this. The description for this specific product says "transfer morphs between different versions of Genesis". If it can't do that without me buying other things (because the Generation 3 says you need Generation 2 as well to make it work...no thanks, I don't need that either >_> ) , then the description is misleading at best and and I rather just return it. But if I'm just missing something obvious I really hope that that is the case (without having to spend more money).

Post edited by DrowElfMorwen on

Comments

• crosswindcrosswind Posts: 6,174
    edited October 2023

Many years ago, I just followed this tutorial and got what I wanted with no failure, screenshots + text are included. https://www.sharecg.com/v/82334/view/3/Text-Entry-Tutorial/COF-GenX-Plugin-Tutorial

It works on V4/G1/G2 to G3, the steps are almost the same.

Post edited by crosswind on
  • DrowElfMorwenDrowElfMorwen Posts: 536
    edited October 2023

Thank you for that tutorial link!

It seems to say that I will indeed need an add-on: "If you are converting to or from a Genesis, or a Genesis 2 figure, then you will require that add-on package. Please ensure that you have the appropriate supplemental packages for the conversion you want to do, before starting this tutorial."

But I don't understand why, when the product page seems to indicate I don't need add-ons. It seems I need the "GenX2 AddOn for Genesis 3" after all, but that really is not cool on DAZ' part. The product description is decieving, and while it does make a note about needing an add-on for Genesis 2  *at the end*, the original description twice says "between Genesis figures".  Except, it can't, without the Add-ons--and the G3 Add-On, which is what I would need, needs the G2 add-on, as well!

Not cool at all. I rather just get my money back. But, I don't know how to initialize a return.

• NorthOf45NorthOf45 Posts: 5,436

Realize that the GenX2 was released before Genesis 3 existed. When the product description was written, it was true, in its limited scope, but has not been changed since. The functionality to include Genesis 3 was added later. The marketing language is always in the superlative, so read between the lines, and never assume it does something not explicitly stated.

edited October 2023

It explicitely states, "Between the Genesis figures." I feel like to anyone reading that page, that would mean ALL the genesis figures--the product description needs to be updated. It doesn't help products never have a date-of-release, so there's nothing to compare it to.

• PerttiAPerttiA Posts: 10,011

DrowElfMorwen said:

It explicitely states, "Between the Genesis figures." I feel like to anyone reading that page, that would mean ALL the genesis figures--the product description needs to be updated. It doesn't help products never have a date-of-release, so there's nothing to compare it to.

"Between Genesis figures" could be read as between Genesis 1 figures.

Anyways, there will not be any updates to this anymore as the creator is no longer amongst the living. 

• barbultbarbult Posts: 23,842
    edited October 2023

You can get a refund by submitting a help request. Sign in to your Daz account on that page account (button in the upper right corner), to avoid having to deal with Captcha. Select Refund Request for the request type. You have 30 days after purchase to request a refund.

Post edited by barbult on
  • LeanaLeana Posts: 11,386
    edited October 2023

DrowElfMorwen said:

The main product description already clearly sates the supported figures: "The GenX2 plugin includes support for the generation 4 Poser figures (Victoria 4, Michael 4, and Kids 4) as well as for Genesis (version 1). Further figures are supported by add-ons sold separately".

And for the record, the release date can be found in the product readmes.

Post edited by Leana on
    edited October 2023

Somehow I didn't understand that (about only Genesis 1) when the product ALSO still states "between Genesis figures." I just find it misleading.

And... readMes can only be accessed AFTER you buy a product so that doesn't help if you're looking in the store.... you know?

• nemesis10nemesis10 Posts: 3,378

DrowElfMorwen said:

Somehow I didn't understand that (about only Genesis 1) when the product ALSO still states "between Genesis figures." I just find it misleading.

And... readMes can only be accessed AFTER you buy a product so that doesn't help if you're looking in the store.... you know?

just so you know, there is a product # on every product page which can be used to reference the readme's on the help page so you can read it before you buy.

• PerttiAPerttiA Posts: 10,011

DrowElfMorwen said:

http://docs.daz3d.com/doku.php/public/read_me/index/18321/start

If one has installed the Daz-Deals extension, the readme's can be accessed straight from the product page, also for products one hasn't bought

GGX2.PNG
    788 x 413 - 231K