Can the scene filter settings for Toon part III be saved for future use?

Greetings.  Was experimenting with creating some logos and lineart using colors similar to the Miami Marlins.  Played with the color settings for the lines in the Carrara native scene filter, Toon part III.  Is there a way to save the settings?

aaa way to save toon filter settings.jpg
890 x 875 - 153K

Comments

• RuudLRuudL Posts: 190
    edited October 2023

AFAIK  It's saved in the scene .car file. There is no way/option to save it separately.

I will look into the source code to verify.

Post edited by RuudL on
    edited October 2023

I've looked into the source code and I did not find an option to save the Toon! part III settings separately.

Post edited by RuudL on
    edited October 2023

Sorry, I thought this was part of DCG Toon Pro, but this is the LensFilters extension. A part of Carrara and I do not have the source code of that. 

Post edited by RuudL on
    edited October 2023

Well, there is a way using a text editor, preferably one with syntax highlighting for JSON. ( e.g. for Windows https://www.makeuseof.com/syntax-highlighting-code-editors-best/)

The Toon part III settings in a saved scene file look like this:

Save that portion, with the settings that you want to use in a future scene, in a separate file.

In the future scene first apply the filter and save the scene. Then open the scene file in the editor and replace the above displayed portion with the one saved in the separate file.

Good luck!

TextWranglerScreenSnapz001.jpg
    309 x 978 - 77K
    TextWranglerScreenSnapz002.jpg
    309 x 978 - 71K
    Post edited by RuudL on
  • DiomedeDiomede Posts: 15,083

Thank you, Ruudl.  

• DartanbeckDartanbeck Posts: 21,227

Diomede said:

Greetings.  Was experimenting with creating some logos and lineart using colors similar to the Miami Marlins.  Played with the color settings for the lines in the Carrara native scene filter, Toon part III.  Is there a way to save the settings?

Okay, what that's doing in the Assembly Room is accessing the Render room options.

While there isn't a Save option in the Assemble room for that, you can save your settings in the Render room - and that's Toon III as well (non-photoreal)

edited October 2023

In Carrara there are basically two types of renderers. The final renderer and the post renderer. The Render room is the exclusive domain of the final renderer. All the final renderers, made by Daz or 3rd party, are put in a pull-down menu list in the Renderer pane.

Toon part III is not a final renderer, but a post renderer. Better known as a Scene filter.

From a user point of view it would be more logical if the post renderers were placed in a separate tab in the render settings pane of the Render room (e.g. between the Rendering and the Output tab). But from a pure functional point of view it has nothing to do with the final renderers. It's just a process that runs after the final renderer has finished.

It's my guess that that's the reason why the Daz (or even Eovia) Development Team did decide to place the post renderers in the Assembly room as Scene filters.

Scene-Filters-aka-Postrenderers.jpg
    208 x 260 - 14K
    Postrenderers.jpg
    812 x 426 - 88K
    Renderroom-Finalrenderers.jpg
    208 x 260 - 25K
    Finalrenderers.jpg
    812 x 426 - 78K
    Post edited by RuudL on