Sectionplane not letting enough room light get to the camera outside

Okay, I'm having a weird problem.  I'm using one of the Bathroom Before and After rooms in my render, specifically one of the non-wrecked ones, I have a camera placed outside the walls of the room, pointing inward, and I have placed a sectionplane just inside the wall that is closest to the camera.  I have the sectionplane rotated so it is vertical,and have Clip Lights turned to ON, so that the light from OUTside doesn't come in.  But, when I go to the camera view and turn on Iray view, it goes way darker in there than it should be.  I placed another camera all the way INside the room, and if I set the view to be from that camera, and turn on Iray view, the room is lit up nicely.

If I crank the emissives way up by adding more 0s to the Luminance part of the ceiling light surface in the ceiling... i.e. change it from 800 to 80000, then the view inside the room from that exterior camera is more reasonably lit up, but the light as seen by the camera placed INside the room is now hugely bright.

What is going on here?  Did sectionplanes get borked in a recent Daz Studio update?  Or am I overlooking some other setting I need to change in the sectionplane?  0o

Comments

• Headlamp on? If you are using emissives alone it probably is, and of course that too is light from outside when the camera is outside. You probably need to adjust the Tone mapping to reflect the fact that you are not getting daylight.

• nomad-ads_8ecd56922enomad-ads_8ecd56922e Posts: 1,933
    edited October 2023

Headlamps is usually one of the first things I turn off when I make a new camera.  The one outside definitely has headlamp off.  The one inside was a quick test one, but I suppose its possible I forgot to turn off headlamp on that one.  I'll have to go back and check when I get a chance, though.

edit: okay, looks like I didn't re-save the scene after adding that test camera, but now testing with a NEW new camera, it seems I must have forgot to turn off headlamp that time.  This time I copied the exterior camera and moved that inside.  Now both show the same light level, or lack thereof, depending on how I've got the emissives set.

Post edited by nomad-ads_8ecd56922e on