Is it possible to wear Genesis 9 cap backward?

Hi everyone :) Any of you guys know how to wear the https://www.daz3d.com/betty-ball-cap-for-genesis-9 cap backward? I've been trying to load it alone like some prop but it just automatically stick to my character making it impossible to move and rotate no matter what I do. 

Comments

• crosswindcrosswind Posts: 6,171
    edited September 2023

It's a wearable conforming to the figure. You may: select the cap, Parameters pane, change Fit to Mode to Auto Follow Transforms, then adjust XYZ - Translation / Rotate / Scale as needed.

Post edited by crosswind on
  • Or just set the Fit to Target to None (also in the Parameters pane) and you will be able to use it like a prop.

• Justin_AmesJustin_Ames Posts: 139
    edited September 2023

I just tried both soluce you guys gave me but the first one make the XYZ disappear and the second one make the whole cap disappear :(

Edit: I managed to find back the cap with the second option. Thank you guys very much for your help. 

Any tips on making some Dforce hair fit inside the cap?

Post edited by Justin_Ames on
  • I took a quick stab at it with an older scene that used the ball cap.

Set it up as crosswind suggested and then I used the parameter rotation and translation dials to line it up.  Would probably be easier to position it doing as Richard suggested.

Lee

(click for bigger version)

G9-BETTY-BallCap-Backwards (small).jpg
    2302 x 768 - 893K
    edited September 2023

There should be no problem... and that's a nice fit done by leemoon_c43b45a114  Actually it'll be not easy to manipulate the cap in either way we suggested because of its rigging. So here's another trick :

- Alt + Shift + J, you'll see there're two 'Gizmos', one in red, one in green. Ctrl + Right Arrow to Left View, move the cursor to End Point on Y axis (red), drag it to the top of the cap. Then do the same on Origin on Y axis (green), but to the bottom of the cap.
    - Alt + Shift + T, change Translation and Rotate accordingly and further manipulate it as needed.

SNAG-2023-10-1-0056.png
    2024 x 1382 - 361K
    SNAG-2023-10-1-0057.png
    2022 x 1382 - 248K
    SNAG-2023-10-1-0058.png
    2027 x 1381 - 247K
    SNAG-2023-10-1-0059.png
    2023 x 1382 - 850K
  • Thank you very much for the tips! I managed to make it fit my character perfectly thanks to you guys :)

leemoon_c43b45a114 May I ask how you managed to use the ball cap using no logo on it without getting that annoying white blank patch on it?

Also, do you guys know how to make Dforce hair fit inside the cap correctly? Here's an unfinished render example of where I'm stuck :

WhySoMuchHair.png
    975 x 881 - 2M
  • FSMCDesignsFSMCDesigns Posts: 12,719

Justin_Ames said:

Thank you very much for the tips! I managed to make it fit my character perfectly thanks to you guys :)

leemoon_c43b45a114 May I ask how you managed to use the ball cap using no logo on it without getting that annoying white blank patch on it?

Also, do you guys know how to make Dforce hair fit inside the cap correctly? Here's an unfinished render example of where I'm stuck :

To make dforce hair fit inside, first make sure there is some room for the hair between the head and the hat or the hair will explode more than likely. Then set up an anuimated timeline where the hat is above the hair and during the timeline comes down on the head/hair during the drape

• Oh gosh, I don't know how to make animation yet ^^' I think I saw a youtube turorial about it before though. I'm gonna try to find it back. Thank you very much.

edited October 2023

First, as for the the logo, select the cap, go to Surfaces pane, there's a Logo surface, filter Cutout Opacity, set the value to 0. (Screenshot 2)

Second, as for squeezing a dForce hair:
    - Windows - Pane (tab) - Timeline, open it. Default 31 frames will be fine. Select the cap, go to Frame 0, set its Scale to, for instance, 150 (as per the size of the hair, better bigger than the hair). Go to frame 30, set Scale to maybe 105.
    - Go to Simulations Settings pane, use the settings as attached Screenshot 1. Simulate.

The result will be depending on the hair style and design. You may need to tweak the hair after simulation or make the cap a bit bigger by Scaling. For Strand-based hair, it'll be more cumbersome, let's say case by case... Just name the hair if you could not make it.

SNAG-2023-10-1-0062.png
    2560 x 1400 - 675K
    SNAG-2023-10-1-0063.png
    1546 x 1396 - 478K
    edited October 2023

I followed all the steps but looks like my hair just disappears for some weird reasons while it simulates.. So in the end, the simulation doesn't change anything. I'm using the hair: https://www.daz3d.com/dforce-pitt-bull-hair-for-genesis-3-8-and-81-males and my character is: https://www.daz3d.com/nahuel-for-genesis-9-hd just in case this information is useful to find what is the problem.

Capture d’écran (77).png
    1920 x 1012 - 1M
    Capture d’écran (78).png
    1920 x 1012 - 1M

Je reviendrai ce soir. J'ai les cheveux qui sont un SBH, quelques astuces peuvent être nécessaires. Vous devez d'abord vérifier soigneusement la capture d'écran que j'ai postée... ne pas activer 'Start Bones from Memorized Pose' dans Simulation Settings.

edited October 2023

What is SBH?

Also, I tried both with it ''on'' and ''off'' because since our button looks different I wasn't sure if your was set on ''on'' or ''off''. But both gives the same result in the end.

PS: I really appreciate the thought, but even if I'm french you can type in english. :) Cause google translate isn't doing the best job in translating correctly, to be honest. I'm fluent in english so I'm cool with it.

Cool ~~ SBH is Strand-based Hair generated by line tessellation. I attached the duf file with setting on the timeline. You may check Cap and 'dForce Pitt Bull Hair' node at Frame 0 and 30. Set them up in your scene and test. The trick is : 1st dial a  morph on the hair node - Comb Neat. After simulation, increase the cap's scale a bit or dial 'body_bs_ExpandAll' on it with a tiny value, if there's poke-thru.

duf
    duf
    BallCap.duf
    SNAG-2023-10-1-0066.png
    2017 x 1396 - 574K
  • I don't know if I'm doing it correctly but I've been trying for months and it's still not working for me.. :( I've been following what you said yet the simulation never make the hair get inside the cap no matter what.. 

Capture d’écran (79).png
    947 x 625 - 940K
    Capture d’écran (80).png
    949 x 637 - 1012K

I gave you the duf file for testing, as above. You tried with it...?

• Yes, and it does work in your duf file, even when I try with a new character in it. But somehow, as soon as I use another scene to do it myself it doesn't work anymore.. :') I really don't get it..