Problem with elbow in bending

LoonyLoony Posts: 1,817

Hi, I attach some images, the right forearm of my girl is making this disgusting problems, I did try different reset functions but I can't find out why this does happen...

I don't want to delete the char and delete a new one.

Left arm:

(problematic) right arm:

other problems see attached images.

What is going on? I can't find the error.

Screenshot_004222-548.jpg
887 x 809 - 28K
Screenshot_004252-961.jpg
991 x 780 - 31K
left forearm.png
443 x 917 - 58K
right forearm.png
443 x 917 - 58K
Post edited by Loony on

Comments

• LoonyLoony Posts: 1,817

Update:

https://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/comment/7241236/#Comment_7241236

(I just googled Daz3D bending) and found that.

Here we can now see, it's not where it should be... how is that possible? Does some derps add bone movements when they make pose presets?...

That's how it should look.

Screenshot_011057-050.jpg
    901 x 872 - 31K
    Screenshot_011125-298.jpg
    897 x 846 - 33K
  • TimberWolfTimberWolf Posts: 285
    edited September 2023

I've had this happen and the cause has been unwanted JCMs from other characters getting dialled in when they shouldn't.

In your parameters tab turn on Show Hidden Properties and then look in the Currently Used section. Scan though all of those properties and you may find joint correction morphs for one or more other characters you have installed are active. Zero them out for a quick fix. Ultimately the offending character(s) will have to be fixed either by yourself or by raising a ticket at the marketplace you bought it from.

If it is this and you want to fix it yourself, post again and I or someone else will be able to tell you how to do it should you not already know. I think you're pushing your luck with these images so this reply may disappear with your post!

(Edit - you added the skeletal problem just as I replied! In Joint Editor right click in the scene view, Edit -> Adjust Rigging to Shape but make sure the character is in its base pose when you do this.)

Post edited by TimberWolf on
    edited September 2023

TimberWolf said:

I've had this happen and the cause has been unwanted JCMs from other characters getting dialled in when they shouldn't.

In your parameters tab turn on Show Hidden Properties and then look in the Currently Used section. Scan though all of those properties and you may find joint correction morphs for one or more other characters you have installed are active. Zero them out for a quick fix. Ultimately the offending character(s) will have to be fixed either by yourself or by raising a ticket at the marketplace you bought it from.

If it is this and you want to fix it yourself, post again and I or someone else will be able to tell you how to do it should you not already know. I think you're pushing your luck with these images so this reply may disappear with your post!

Hi, it's the bone inside the arm, I could not find any active JCM related to the arms.

"I think you're pushing your luck with these images" what does that mean? I did censor the nipples (not that it would really be neccessary...)?

I didn't wanted to load a shirt to show the arms now :< my char does wear a dress, but I realised that the arm was broken so I removed it to show it.

There was nothing erotical to see.

Post edited by Loony on
  • See above :) Set the rigging to shape.

TimberWolf said:

See above :) Set the rigging to shape.

I made it a bit more complicated xD...

I loaded a new G8F copied the Shape and did copy the values from the bone to my positoned char^^...

See attachment, I think... that should now be correct :)

But thanks for your (in EU) late night support, it's frustrating to get stopped when you are in a workflow :D

Screenshot_012729-832.jpg
    842 x 660 - 43K
  • Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 99,293
    edited September 2023

We don't allow blocking out the niples after the fact, see Acceptable Ways of Handling Nudity  , and with a figure that looks so young we need considerably more coverage than for an adult. For this, though, you could just switch to a non-textured mode and - as long as nipples weren't set on - it would be fine.

Post edited by Richard Haseltine on
    edited September 2023

Richard Haseltine said:

We don't allow blocking out the niples after the fact, see Acceptable Ways of Handling Nudity  , and with a figure that looks so young we need considerably more coverage than for an adult. For this, though, you could just switch to a non-textured mode and - as long as nipples weren't set on - it would be fine.

Why this weird rule?.... I mean it IS censored... you can see naked kids at the beach.... 

But well... next time I will let the poor girl wear a shirt just for you... forced dressing, America is crazy.

I tried the smooth mode, but that showed the effect not accurate.

Post edited by Loony on
  • Just create a set of materials that are non glossy, grey, something like that. What American corporations consider unacceptable nudity is a breakfast cereal commercial in France but we're using an American company's forums which are hosted on American servers and subject to American laws and American sensibilities; we're in their house. Their rules. It really is that simple.

The character image below will not be removed by the moderators and would show your problems just fine, even with a younger morph shape applied. It'll take you two minutes to make a material set like that and keep you on the good side of the mods. Great job on fixing your problem btw - I would certainly not have thought to do it that way!

acceptable.jpg
    734 x 1067 - 202K