Render of eyes is black

All the sudden when I render my models the whites of the eyes are black, What gives?

Thanks.

Comments

• Iray? Have you adjusted the Max Path Length in Render Settings - it needs to be 5+ fior many eye materials (it sets how many times a light path is allowed to interact with a surface before taking the current value as final).

• leo04leo04 Posts: 325

Thanks. Unfortunately that didn't work. What else could it be?

• You could try opening the Render Settings tab, Optimization -> Instancing Optimization and set the drop down to Speed. This can fix an iRay bug that causes black circles and other oddities to appear in the eyes.

Some users find they can switch straight back to Auto as just the process of changing the mode corrects the bug but personally I have to leave it in speed or the glitch returns. It's caused by a bug in iRay where the distance of the eyes from (0,0,0) becomes large. Also in my case, it happens when the character is positioned at (0,0,0) so this problem may vary by Studio version.

If it's not this, I have no idea. If this doesn't work it might be a good idea to include a screenshot (if possible) and your Daz Studio version. The more details you provide the easier it is for people to figure out your problem.

• We need more information about the scene content and render options