dForce Victorian Gentleman Outfit for Genesis 8 and 8.1 Males

android65marandroid65mar Posts: 10

Another DAZ original at 65% off! Great stuff, this one appears to simulate quite nicely, until you realise that the only object it interacts with is Genesis 8(1) Try getting him to sit in a chair and his coat slips through the seat like it is made of dark matter or neutrinos or something. Now, I really wanted a 19th outfit which behaved appropriately and didn't break the laws of physics- any idea how we can get it to collide with more than it's wearer?

Post edited by Richard Haseltine on

Comments

• felisfelis Posts: 4,189

How are you doing the simulation, single frame or animated?

With sitting poses it is usually best to first place him in sitting pose, and then last in the simmulation slide the chair under him, but always leave a little space where dForce can work.

• Moved to Technical Help as it is a question about an existing product, not a product suggestion.

• How is the chair modelled? If it just has vertices at the corners, with the width of the seat being panning polygons that are not broken, then there will be nothing for dForce to see - in those cases it is often best to have a moderately divided cube, set to be invisible in render, as a proxy for the chair. Also, if you are using Simulate Selected make sure that the chair is selected..

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 99,293
    edited September 2023

Actually, scratch that - the jacket is not set up to be dynamic anyway (the pants and shirt are the only dynamic surface objects). You can try seelcting it and in Parameters, under Simulation, change Simulation Object type to Dynamic Surface - it didn't explode when i tried it just now, but i am not sure how tolerant it would be and the settings certainly need adjusting to look plausible.

Post edited by Richard Haseltine on