Shoes Problem

Hi everyone, help needed again here.. Does anyone know how to fix this problem? I'm using the model Nao HD which is a genesis 9 and I'm trying to fit the outfit dForce Infiltrator Suit for Genesis 8 and 8.1 Female | Daz 3D on her. I know it's possible since they made it fit on her on the Cyber Edge Hair for Genesis 8, 8.1, and 9 | Daz 3D promos. I just somehow can't figure how myself. :(

Capture d’écran (75).png
932 x 674 - 204K

Comments

• crosswindcrosswind Posts: 6,174

You used auto-fit?

• Yes. Then I bought RSSY Clothing Converter from Genesis 8 to Genesis 9 | Daz 3D thinking it would fix the problem but it was even worse.. ^^' I'm desperate now.. 

• TimberWolfTimberWolf Posts: 285
    edited September 2023

Fitting heels to different generations of characters from those for which they were designed for is problematic sometimes. The converters generally don't work on footwear particularly well and the creators openly admit the limitations with their products. The RSSY clothing converter is worth having though because it does an excellent job on most outfits but it's not much use for scenarios like this.

Here's a fix, but it's a bit of a fudge and you'll have to manually adjust foot poses.

Load the base G9. Autofit the boots to G9 but select 'Genesis 8' as the figure and 'Bodysuit Tight Template' as type of item when prompted, rather than footwear. The boots will load and fit properly but your character's feet will be sticking out of them. Hide the feet of G9 one at a time. Left, Right, hide and then apply your character's shape.

The boots will fit perfectly but will not respond properly to pose presets obviously. You character's feet are flat but the boots are heeled so you'll have to fix this yourself - the feet will still bend and the boots will follow even though they're hidden so make adjustments as you need.

boots on g9.png
    1447 x 1722 - 590K
    Post edited by TimberWolf on

Justin_Ames said:

Yes. Then I bought RSSY Clothing Converter from Genesis 8 to Genesis 9 | Daz 3D thinking it would fix the problem but it was even worse.. ^^' I'm desperate now.. 

OK, I don't have RSSY  G8 - G9 Converter but only have G2G3 - G8 version. Don't expect such converter can well convert high-hell shoes because I've experimented a lot with the previous version. The only way to perfectly convert high-heel shoes from G8 to G9 is Auto-fit + Manual fixing.

Do you know how to use Blender or Zbrush or any other modeling / sculpting software ? If you do and wanna convert by yourself, I may show you the key steps. I just finished the conversion, so far so good. 

SNAG-2023-9-28-0041.png
    1459 x 1396 - 382K
    edited September 2023

Haha, TimberWolf and me nearly posted at the same time. OP, TimberWolf's method is simpler, up to you.

Here's the feet pose.

Edit: Forget about the feet pose... As long as you use Auto-fit, these Feet Pose won't work. There has to be manual fixing...

SNAG-2023-9-28-0042.png
    1393 x 1397 - 411K
    SNAG-2023-9-28-0043.png
    1376 x 1397 - 405K
    Post edited by crosswind on
  • There's a bit of distortion with my method which I didn't spot originally, but that too can be fixed by turning off smoothing. If the boots clip, use any of the available morphs on the boots to get rid of it.

Crosswind (as usual!) has the 'correct' answer - conversion of shoe props, especially with heels, really need to be taken into modelling packages and then reimported with weight maps applied but, if you don't have those particular skills, the easier method will work. Crosswind's method will work with all your high heel pose presets out of the box without adjustment whereas mine won't.

edited September 2023

Yeah, TimberWolf is right. If you wanna learn how-to, I show you the way, as this pair of boots are not comlex in comparions with those high heels....  If you own Mesh Grabber, you even don't need Blender or sth.

1. Load a G8F and G9 into the scene, load boots on them. Auto-fit on G9 with Timber's suggested settings. Apply the attached Pose Preset on G9
    2. Select boots on G8F, set its Resolution Level to Base, Export it to wavefront obj file with the options as attached SS.
    3. Select boots on G9. Open Morph Loader Pro, import the obj file with the options as attached SS.
    4. Go to Morph/Morph Loader property group, dial it.
    5. There'll be tiny poke-thru around the area of inner knees, drag them if you have Mesh Grabber, or know Blender, sth. Done.

SNAG-2023-9-28-0044.png
    461 x 548 - 49K
    SNAG-2023-9-28-0045.png
    700 x 855 - 46K
    SNAG-2023-9-28-0046.png
    1708 x 1395 - 356K
    duf
    duf
    ITF.duf
    Post edited by crosswind on
  • I don't know what Mesh Grabber, Blender and Zbrush are.. Are they whole different software I need to learn how to use just like Daz3D?... I'm kinda desperate of the amount of things I need to learn at this point.... It's getting so hard...

Justin_Ames said:

I don't know what Mesh Grabber, Blender and Zbrush are.. Are they whole different software I need to learn how to use just like Daz3D?... I'm kinda desperate of the amount of things I need to learn at this point.... It's getting so hard...

Mesh Grabber is a Daz product, a plugin to manipulcate geometry, while Blender and ZBrush are external software.

In this case, you may just go for simple solution or do not convert high heels for the time being as that really requires more knowledge and skills. You don't have to learn these all of a sudden, or learn other softwares at the same time. Just go for using what you have on hand with standard Daz Studio function while building your skillset, and take it easy.

As your skills grow and you gain some sense of accomplishment by building scenes and rendering, one day you'll want to make them even better. Then naturally you'll wanna learn more with enough motivation.

• As I really need to use this particular outfit since I'm working on a comic project, I'm gonna give it a try with Mesh Grabber I think. I just looked for it in the store though and it looks like there's a whole bunch of versions. Which one of them is the one I need to do this? 

Capture d’écran (76).png
    1073 x 794 - 525K
  • TimberWolfTimberWolf Posts: 285
    edited September 2023

You just need the basic Mesh Grabber (Win) or Mesh Grabber (Mac) depending on your platform. It's one of the most versatile tools you'll buy and can be used for anything from fixing poke-through to creating landscapes, putting indentations in furniture where your characters are sitting or lying down, body impacts, in fact anything you can think of. If cost isn't an issue the Bundle adds a huge amount of functionality and I highly recommend it. You don't need it for your current purposes though.

Quick tutorial here but there are plenty available as articles or videos:

(I did add a time marker but it doesn't appear to work - relevant part from 14:20)

Post edited by TimberWolf on
  • Thank you, I'm gonna try that and update you about it!

• RurisRuris Posts: 123

Hi Justin,

Thanks for your support and purchase. Creators use a complex process where the boots are rigged from a posed position and then some weight map are fixed on the heel area to hardened it, it's not likely any kind of convertor can automate this process.