Clouds distortion problem

Hi everyone, I purchased both Iray Worlds SkyDome | Daz 3D & Iray SkyDome Super PAK | Daz 3D and somehow, no matter what sky option I select, I get huge clouds distortions. Why is this happening? Is there a way to fix it? None of the promo images show such distortions. That's why I'm very confused right now.. 

Here an example of the distortions I'm getting:

Clouds distortion.png
972 x 443 - 687K

Comments

• What is your camera's focal length? It looks pretty low, judging by the building, which will affect how the dome looks too.

• I don't know what camera's focal lenght is, where can I find it?

• crosswindcrosswind Posts: 6,175

Select the  currently-used camera in Scene pane, in Parameters pane,filter 'Focal'... see if the value of 'Focal Length' is too low or not. Default value is 65, low value is a wide-angle lens which will bring you lens distortion.

• NorthOf45NorthOf45 Posts: 5,436

Iray Worlds (and Super Pak) do things a little differently. They use an actual dome, and use the emission channel to show the sky and provide the lighting, along with a sun object. The projection of that sky image on the dome is what is distorting the view. It doesn't seem to handle the upper levels very well, so keep the camera angles low. Trying to frame a very large set will force you to zoom out to fit it all in, expanding the frame to include those high sky areas. You could back way up and zoom in, telephoto style. This allows you to fit the subject into a smaller frame size, using less of the background.

• I just did what you said and all it does is zoom a lot (with the clouds still distorted) while what I want is the opposite of that. I wanna do like on that picture: 

02-iray-skydome-super-pak-daz3d.jpg (1300×1000)

Distortion2.png
    969 x 875 - 2M

The sky in that particular promo (Fantasy Skies from Super Pak 1) doesn't have any clouds up high, so you can't see the distortion. I can get pretty much the same image with a camera near the end of the central walkway, a default frame width of 36 and a focal length of 25 or so (depending on actual position). With other skies, YMMV.

• I see... In that case thank you very much for your help. At least I know now. 

Glad to help.yes