Oso Hair does not show up on Render (SOLVED)Needed to Update DAZversion

squirtsquirt Posts: 159

I just purchased OSO Elandra Hair for Genesis 9....  When I try to render the scene with a Gen 9 (Elenor HD) the hair does not show up!  It wont show up in Iray either.

Do I need a new version of Daz?  Or new Drivers from NVIDIA?

I'm presently using DAZ 4.16 Pro version.

I appreciate the help from you Gurus.

Post edited by squirt on

Comments

• I believe you will have to update Daz Studio.

• Oso3DOso3D Posts: 14,957

If you mean the Oso Eliandra hair, it's for G9, not G8.1. It will not work on other models.

• squirtsquirt Posts: 159
    edited September 2023

Oso3D said:

If you mean the Oso Eliandra hair, it's for G9, not G8.1. It will not work on other models.

So (please excuse me if I sound stupid here) if I use a Gen 9 character it will magically show up in Iray and Rendering?... Oh, and same result on a Gen 9 character, I just tested it.

Post edited by squirt on

GhostofMacbeth said:

I believe you will have to update Daz Studio.

But when I go to Get Started it keeps giving me the DIM instead of the updated Daz... Is there some other place to go GM?

Oh, chatting with others, yeah, it uses Iray Curves which DOES require later version.

You can update using DIM. There should be a new version of DS listed (unless you've hidden it, so make sure all content is checked)

Oso3D said:

Oh, chatting with others, yeah, it uses Iray Curves which DOES require later version.

You can update using DIM. There should be a new version of DS listed (unless you've hidden it, so make sure all content is checked)

Thank you Oso3D.... I'm attempting to update from the DIM now.  

Fingers crossed!

edited September 2023

Oso3D said:

Something went wrong Oso...  The Daz Studio Icon on my desktop disappeared.  I found the old 4.16 icon but it doesn't work now.

Any idea on  how I can bring DAZ back?

Computer Restart perhaps?

Post edited by squirt on

No idea, at this point best off working with customer service, sorry!

Unless someone else has an idea. (Installation and different systems and so on is waaay outside of my skillset)

edited September 2023

Oso3D said:

No idea, at this point best off working with customer service, sorry!

Unless someone else has an idea. (Installation and different systems and so on is waaay outside of my skillset)

It's reasons like this that I absolutely hate the Updates and try to avoid them until it becomes an issue. sad

Post edited by squirt on
  • This shouldn't happen. Where are you seeing Daz Studio listed in DIM currently? Did you get a UAC prompt when trying to update (do you want to allow this aplication to make changes to your system?" type of thing)? What security software are you using, and if you open it has it quarntined/valuted/otherwise removed the daz Studio application?

edited September 2023

Richard Haseltine said:

This shouldn't happen. Where are you seeing Daz Studio listed in DIM currently? Did you get a UAC prompt when trying to update (do you want to allow this aplication to make changes to your system?" type of thing)? What security software are you using, and if you open it has it quarntined/valuted/otherwise removed the daz Studio application?

Right, I agree, it shouldn't happen but it always does!....   DIM shows me that it was installed.   When the box came up asking if I wanted to allow DAZ to make changes to my computer I allowed it.  I use CC Cleaner but I haven't opened it in sometime.  I don't even think that it's active.

DIM shows that GoZ for Daz Studio 4.21+ (Win 64 -bit) and Default Resources for DAZ Studio 4.21+, were installed.

DAZ UPDATE copy.jpg
    1536 x 1017 - 275K
    Post edited by squirt on
    edited September 2023

Ok, Unistalled the files and Reinstalled....  This time much more happened.   The Hair shows up now!

Thank  you Oso and Richard very much for your help!

Post edited by squirt on
  • If you right-click on the entry for Daz Studio and select Show Installed files, then click the location link at the top (not one of the files) does it go where it should, and is anything at all there?

Richard Haseltine said:

If you right-click on the entry for Daz Studio and select Show Installed files, then click the location link at the top (not one of the files) does it go where it should, and is anything at all there?

After I Reinstalled the Day 4.21 Update everything worked.  It was just a bit quirky to get there but all is well now Richard.  Your questions up above got my wheels spinning and unstuck so to speak.  So thank you very much for the help.  I'm good now. laugh