[solved] Path mistake in the dForce Spectre Outfit for Genesis 8 Females

ElorElor Posts: 1,095

Hello,

I bougth this set today and I have an error about a missing file:

/data/Mada/SpectreOutfit/Spectre Ribbons/UV Sets/Mada/Base/default.dsf

Thinking it was possibly a mistake while I downloaded it for the first time (I was using a slower connection than my own), I uninstalled and deleted the product with DIM, before downloading it and installing it again, but the mistake is still happening.

Looking at the file list, I found another file that could be the one intended to be reach:

/data/Mada/SpectreOutfit/dforce Spectre Ribbons/UV Sets/Mada/Base/default.dsf

I'm planning to open a ticket, but it can take some time for an update to be pushed so I wanted to take advantage the collectif knowledge here smiley

Does that mistake has an effect on what I'll render with the current buggy product ? (I have at best a very vague idea about what an UV set is…)

Could I apply a temporary local fix ? Would it be better to change each file with the problematic line, or would it be bette to either change the path on my computer or creating the directory /data/Mada/SpectreOutfit/Spectre Ribbons/UV Sets/Mada/Base/, copying the default.dsf file.

Regarding either one of these local fix solutions, will DIM be able to update the product after an fix is deployed by the PAs and Daz or will I have to manually remove the product ?

Another solution could be to install manually the product in a temporary Library directory, fixing the problem by moving the file in the 'right' place, keeping the bugged version installed to take advantage of DIM update functionnality.

missing-file.jpg
545 x 411 - 19K
Post edited by Elor on

Comments

• crosswindcrosswind Posts: 6,174
    edited September 2023

Actually it won't affect your preview or rendering as the UV set has already been set when you load this Ribbon to the scene. It means that the path in Ribbonxxx.duf file is correct while not in material presets. So just submit your ticket.

Post edited by crosswind on
  • MadaMada Posts: 1,892

I just tested and yes the mat poses gives me an error... it will still work fine there's nothing wrong with the base product. Please put in a ticket so the texture artists can fix the issue. It will work fine without a fix, you can ignore the error - the materials still load correctly :)

• ElorElor Posts: 1,095

Thank you both for your answers smiley

I have just submitted a ticket for this issue and will happily render while I wait for a proper fix laugh

• ElorElor Posts: 1,095

Hello,

I received a reply to my ticket, telling me that a fix was deployed and after applying the update with DIM, the problem is indeed gone.

Thank you again, both of you, for your help smiley

• crosswindcrosswind Posts: 6,174

yessmiley