Zoo! Barnyard for Heavies Hippos error

So I just picked up Zoo! Barnyard for Heavies Hippos the other day. It's a really old Poser product. And DS can't find the textures as installed. It's looking for them in runtime\textures\gareee\Zoo! Barnyard. Unfortunately they install into runtime\textures\Zoo! Barnyard. Is there some reason this issue has been ignored for all these years? I just went ahead and moved the folder, but seriously, what the heck?

Comments

• crosswindcrosswind Posts: 6,175

That's almost a routine which most of us get used to, as there're always various errors hide in various products from various PAs...
    - some submit support requests then get the fixed package(s) after waiting for some days or a long time
    - some submit support requests but never get a response
    - some request straightway for a refund, and money are refunded...

I fix them myself most of the time, while only submit ticket for -: 1) the needed files were not packed in ZIP at all; 2) requesting refund...

• Yeah, I did just move the files to where they wanted to be. I just find it disheartening that a product could be in the store for something like 20 years and still not work out of the box. Doesn't bode well for newer product fixes to happen. I didn't bother to submit a ticket, because if it hasn't been fixed by now, I doubt that it will be.

• NorthOf45NorthOf45 Posts: 5,436

Just as well. If too many users complain about it, and sales are slim to none, it will be pulled rather than fixed. If it isn't worth the time and effort to edit the file(s), pass through QA and get released again, it will never cause anyone any problems ever again. I've seen it happen several times, even when a known fix was available.