Genesis 9 - Exclude body parts from FBMs

Hello,

when using full body morphs (People), most clothes conform to the model pretty well. Except for the shoes, who happen to look completety warped quite often. Is there a way to exclude the feet of the basic figure from using the FBM?

Mace

Comments

• felisfelis Posts: 4,189

DS will automatically make a projected morph in the clothing, if there isn't a dedicated morph for the FBM.

But you can dial the projected morph out of the shoes.

Select the shoes, enable show hidden, and click currently use, and you should see it. And then you can just dial it down.

The PA might have a dedicated morph that dials the feet back to the base.

• Thanks for the response, but morphing the shoes back to their basic model while maintaining the FBM at the feet leads to all-over pokethrough and an overall dont-fit-at-all. Thats why I'd prefer to keep the feet of the figure from morphing. Base model + base shoes = perfect fit (usually).

• One of these might be of interest:

• crosswindcrosswind Posts: 6,174

Fixing FBMs / bs etc. is almost a routine of PAs who make conforming Wearables. Normally they fix FBMs for Daz Originals and popular characters but they're never able to do such a thing for All characters.

So as users, we may learn how to fix them by ourselves... if you know to use Blende or Zbrush a bit, you can fix them well. Repaint weight or using some plugin like Mesh Grabber can also do the tricks.

edited October 2023

Catherine3678ab said:

One of these might be of interest:

That depends, I have to say. For the case of fixing FBMs on conforming wearables, the technique of clearing deltas won't work well in most of the cases...(especially on Stylized characters). Rigidity Groups may help to some extent but the best way is always involving a modeling / sculpting software.

Or... do not use the full body morph of the character other than customizing the body shape by using morph package products (e.g. Shape Shift from zev0)

Post edited by crosswind on
  • Or... do not use the full body morph of the character other than customizing the body shape by using morph package products (e.g. Shape Shift from zev0)

That's exactly what I'm doing, to be honest. I just wanted to know if someone knows a workaround for this problem. 

I'm full well aware that the clothing designers can't possibly cover all FBMs. Especially those, appearing after the clothing set. That's why I've been asking for a way to exclude certain body parts from the FBM and if there's a hidden parameter somewhere to achieve just that.

Nearly all the effective workarounds are listed as above... Regardless of case by case, just have some experiments.

• crosswind said:

Catherine3678ab said:

One of these might be of interest:

That depends, I have to say. For the case of fixing FBMs on conforming wearables, the technique of clearing deltas won't work well in most of the cases...(especially on Stylized characters). Rigidity Groups may help to some extent but the best way is always involving a modeling / sculpting software.

Or... do not use the full body morph of the character other than customizing the body shape by using morph package products (e.g. Shape Shift from zev0)

These aren't aimed at fixing wearables, they are for clearing morphs on the main figure. Then the wearables should fit as designed. Aside from fixing oopsies, it's not likely something that PAs would be using on their characters either. More a handy way of the individual solving a problem on a case by case basis, at least that's my take on it.