Downloading in Install Manager results in Access Violation via QtCore4.dll

DubstepCopDubstepCop Posts: 2

I recieved a CMS Postgre Error upon launching Daz, so I decided to reinstall everything and now Im getting this Access Violation error with QtCore4.dll upon downloading anything in the install manager. Already tried multiple reinstalls to no success.

From what I gleamed from other threads, the .dll might relate to the graphics driver, gonna give it a clean reinstall and see if that fixes it.

Edit: A clean driver reinstall did not fix it.

Edit: I have figured out the problem. I had to add another account to the Install Manager with the same creditentials it was signing me in on the base account. If I had to guess it was seeing the account I had been using as old/corrupted in some way and wasn't playing well with the QtCore4.dll.

Post edited by DubstepCop on

Comments

• Qt is the development tool used for Install manager, QtCore is its main function library as far as I know - so it sounds as if some function call was being given invalid input and not being able to cope.

• DubstepCopDubstepCop Posts: 2
    edited September 2023

I had a additional problem with PostgreSQL CMS not being found on start up, fast forward to me messing around with the installs again, everything works with the default install locations on C Drive and was just messing something up when trying to install stuff on E Drive. Problem is my C Drive is a ssd and low on space so I want the library folder on E Drive.

In short, its refusing to download anything to E Drive.

Going to try the default download locations then setting up the e drive folders and moving what I want to there and targeting it in the install manager.

Post edited by DubstepCop on
  • Install manager dos support setting individual locations, rather than just a base path - which may be what you meant, i wasn't sure.

This is what happens when I try to change the basic settings base directory.

imageimage

I cannot get it to point to new Downloads, Manifestfiles, and My 3D Library Content folders in E Drive before downloading anything. Doing so gives me the Access Violation QtCore4 upon downloading anything.

As of right now everything is installed in the C Drive, and Im going to keep those folders there, but make copies of 3D Library, Manifest, and Downloads and move them to E Drive and then have the Install Manager point to them and see if that works.

Screenshot (1718).png
    598 x 610 - 29K
    Screenshot (1719).png
    598 x 610 - 37K
    Screenshot (1717).png
    549 x 296 - 27K
  • Click the ... next top the path you wish to edit - does that not allow you to select a folder?

• It looks like it's going to the public files. If you remove the custom folder location, everything should go to E: My setup attched..

Screenshot 2023-09-20 205520.png
    604 x 614 - 38K