Saved Pose Applies Weird?

KeikuKeiku Posts: 143

I'm trying to save out a custom pose, which I've done before with just Selecting the character>File>Save As>Pose Preset. However when I apply said pose to a new character (or even the same one zero'd) it comes out all wonkey with the waist twisted beyond human levels. Not sure what's going on here.

Attached should be an example of what is happening. The figure on the right is the correct (original) pose. The figure on the left has the saved pose applied to it.

WeirdPosing.jpg
1280 x 907 - 61K
Post edited by Keiku on

Comments

• crosswindcrosswind Posts: 6,175

Hmm... You may attach the pose preset file (duf) in here. We may help to check.

• KeikuKeiku Posts: 143
    edited September 2023

Ok. Here is the attached pose preset. 

crosswind said:

Hmm... You may attach the pose preset file (duf) in here. We may help to check.

duf
    duf
    SeducingMJPose.duf
    Post edited by Keiku on
    edited September 2023

Okay... I found the values of Twist on the bones of Abdomen and Chest extremely exceed the limits. Not so sure how the preset was saved... but could you check Twist values on the same bones of the figure on the right?

SNAG-2023-9-20-0015.png
    1779 x 1309 - 388K
    SNAG-2023-9-20-0017.png
    918 x 1397 - 104K
    Post edited by crosswind on
    edited September 2023

I just did the default for saving the Pose Preset. Although I tried also selecting only changed values, but it made no difference.

The values definately don't match. The correctly posed figure gives these values for Twist:

• Chest lower: -12
    • Chest upper: -10
    • Abdomen lower: -15
    • Abdomen upper: -20

Manually correcting the pose applied a base Genesis 8.1 figure, and then saving that pose out seems to load correctly. Somehow the values in my modifed figure are not saving out correctly. I'm not sure why.

Post edited by Keiku on
    edited September 2023

Keiku said:

I just did the default for saving the Pose Preset. Although I tried also selecting only changed values, but it made no difference.

The values definately don't match. The correctly posed figure gives these values for Twist:

• Chest lower: -12
    • Chest upper: -10
    • Abdomen lower: -15
    • Abdomen upper: -20

Manually correcting the pose applied a base Genesis 8.1 figure, and then saving that pose out seems to load correctly. Somehow the values in my modifed figure are not saving out correctly. I'm not sure why.

Okay... so, seemingly, there might've been some Poses or Pose Controls ever set the values exceeding the rotation limits. First, you may : hold Ctrl key before applying (dbl-clicking) the Pose Preset to G8F. When a diaglog box pops up, click Accept. Then the pose could be correct.

Second, correct the Twist / Side-Side values of the the above listed bones on your modified figure:
    - Follow the screenshots as attached...
    - Do the same on other bones as well ( Twist on Abdomen Lower / Upper, Chest Lower / Upper;  Side-Side on Chest Lower / Upper... as far as I check  )
    - Re-save a Pose Preset, and test again.

SNAG-2023-9-21-0018.png
    873 x 1398 - 182K
    SNAG-2023-9-21-0019.png
    502 x 1302 - 89K
    Post edited by crosswind on

The raw value was -93. I wonder how those got out of range. Well that fixed it anyway. Thank you for your help.

Keiku said:

The raw value was -93. I wonder how those got out of range. Well that fixed it anyway. Thank you for your help.

No problem.

So in most of the cases, the reason might be that a 'big value' was ever dialed on the rotation when 'Use Limits' is off, then for some reason, 'Use Limits' was turned on, so that 'big value' was stored in Raw...

crosswind said:

Keiku said:

No problem.

So in most of the cases, the reason might be that a 'big value' was ever dialed on the rotation when 'Use Limits' is off, then for some reason, 'Use Limits' was turned on, so that 'big value' was stored in Raw...

I'll try keeping that in mind if ever it happens again.