Render your buys! Use buys from the current month and the previous month of sales

Comments

• HylasHylas Posts: 4,801

SapphireBlue said:

Cross-posting from the DAZ+ forum. Used two of my lovely new buys this month: Stonemason's Jungle Crossing and RawArt's Dryanna.

Dryanna's Butterflies

Beautiful!

• Olo_OrdinaireOlo_Ordinaire Posts: 650
    edited April 27

I saw that ElianeCK's ECK Liria was on sale, so I leaped.  I really like ElianeCK's "design sense."  Her offerings seem really unique, to me.

Fashion 09 - Liria - Beach Afternoon.png
    1800 x 1200 - 2M
    Post edited by Olo_Ordinaire on
  • davesodaveso Posts: 6,471
    edited April 28

Bought Neanderthal 9 - I love this character. My first render with him is to use G9M Fabrice as the base. I then added 33% Neand 9 face, then added Death 9 head at 100% as well as the HD details. Threw a bit of postwork at him. 
    The result

neand9 -1enh.jpg
    1280 x 960 - 1M
    Post edited by daveso on
  • columbinecolumbine Posts: 313
    edited April 29

Because I am weak, I bought both Keera and Stylized Keera today. What may not be obvious from the store pages is that they could just as well be called Butch Keera and Femme Keera. Original flavor Keera has much more muscle tone and wider shoulders. All the rest of the differences are in the face; Stylized Keera has a pointier chin and softer angles at the back of the jaw. She also has larger eyes.

I said to a friend when I was buying them "I think I'll cast them as sisters and have my readers try to guess which one's the evil one" ... but once I got a good look at them, I realized what I actually had was sisters who chose different character classes. Definitely got a fighter and a mage here.

Original Keera is wearing the Brynhildr outfit and Barselaj hair; Stylized Keera is wearing the Shadow Realm outfit and Dianne hair. The hand streamers in the Shadow Realm outfit went a little wild when the character was posed (I used the G8->G9 pose adaptor, which may be why), but I liked the look so I kept it.

keeras.png
    1000 x 1000 - 2M
    Post edited by columbine on
  • ElorElor Posts: 728

Happy International Workers' Day smiley

(On the render, she is commuting from work to enjoy a well earned rest).

I hope I got the foot pose right: I did this render in part because I wanted a tall character on that bike and because I read testimonies by French women who are bike commuting wearing dresses / skirts and high-heels, which had the added bonus of making the character even taller.

"Eligible" items:

• HL PD 550 Sneakers bought in April
    • Lani Hair from a nice Pro Bundle Lightning Deals last sunday, while I was putting the finishing touch on the render

The dress doesn't count because I got it last Christmas, when it was offered as gift on Renderosity and not this month when it started to be sold here, but it's the first time I ever used it. I was pleasantly suprised by how well it simulated: I was ready to see a couple of explosions when the saddle started to have an impact on the dress, but none happened at all smiley

• tsroemitsroemi Posts: 2,408

Everyone, so interesting renders these last days, thanks for sharing!

• SapphireBlueSapphireBlue Posts: 870

MissLeah and Hylas Thank you both! heart

tsroemi Thank you! heart But why would be feel intimidated! That Pierrot render is a very beautiful and elegant composition. Lovely!

Great renders everyone! 

Olo_Ordinaire Love the soft dreamy render! And yes, she's lovely and unique! I had her in my cart for a ridiculous price, but sadly forgot to check out on the weekend... frown 

columbine After seeing you nice render, I had to put Keera (regular) on my wishlist - there's a lot of character to her!

SapphireBlue said:

MissLeah and Hylas Thank you both! heart

tsroemi Thank you! heart But why would be feel intimidated! That Pierrot render is a very beautiful and elegant composition. Lovely!

Great renders everyone! 

Olo_Ordinaire Love the soft dreamy render! And yes, she's lovely and unique! I had her in my cart for a ridiculous price, but sadly forgot to check out on the weekend... frown 

columbine After seeing you nice render, I had to put Keera (regular) on my wishlist - there's a lot of character to her!

That's so sweet of you, thanks!
    I find this thread really so inspiring. I think I haven't rendered anything for close to a year because my life was so stressful and I just couldn't find the energy. But whenever I came over here, I always saw other people with their own undoubtedly stressful lives still somehow making time for this, and that kind of gave me the drive I needed after a while. Specially because it's not just about showing off your renders, but letting others see what great things you found, presenting lovely items that are maybe not so well known, and such. That gives one a nice and simple purpose I feel. 

tsroemi said:

SapphireBlue said:

That's so sweet of you, thanks!
    I find this thread really so inspiring. I think I haven't rendered anything for close to a year because my life was so stressful and I just couldn't find the energy. But whenever I came over here, I always saw other people with their own undoubtedly stressful lives still somehow making time for this, and that kind of gave me the drive I needed after a while. Specially because it's not just about showing off your renders, but letting others see what great things you found, presenting lovely items that are maybe not so well known, and such. That gives one a nice and simple purpose I feel. 

Exactly, all of that! Seeing every one's unique style and the way they use the things they buy is inspiring. We get to discover lots more things in the store we'd enjoy playing with. And there's no pressure either, since we can just test things out and share, or DAZ doodle or show finished renders. And Daz doodling is definitely an anti-stress activity, so I hope you keep making stuff and sharing!

edited May 2

I got GCJellyFish's Rising Sun Environment shortly after its release, once I realized from comments what a crazy detailed set that was. And after trying it out, I have to say it's even crazier! I heard them mention creating this kind of detail for supporting visual storytelling, and it is really great for that as a setting or even if you want to use only the props.

The environment has lots of different functional rooms and a dizzying assortment of WORKING props. And it comes with a 37 page pdf guide... All the faucets work, clocks can be set, drawers/doors/lids etc. open and close... There are all sorts of entire collections of props: office, security, cosmetics, bar, bathroom and shower props... I also love the art deco detailing, and the option to convert the main area into a cabaret hall.

The Rising Sun set and a headdress from the Row House together inspired a story, so I started playing with the environment with the idea to eventually transport it back to the Prohibition era. 

Here's a test render in one corner of the dressing room (without changes yet to take it back in time). Some details I noticed in just this corner: the hair dryers come with cords that are plugged into outlets that have woodwork that matches the doors, stools have an adjustable height parameter that adjusts it for all the stools, writing/pictures on the mirrors are decals that can be hidden...

Here is a test render (monochrome and faded color versions) of the exterior with just a few changes to take it back in time. For the night scene, the building already comes with inside spotlights that shine light through the windows. I just made things a bit brighter. I'm going to try out some more stuff with the set this week. This kind of set makes me feel like we have an entire Hollywood Studio at our finger tips with DAZ. laughAdd in all the characters and creatures and hair and outfits and props and places we can buy! Wow, cue hysterical laugh... 

Post edited by SapphireBlue on
    edited May 3

Oh, I like that dressing room render. I do love a good mirror render, even if they do sometimes give my computer hives when it tries to do them.

I bought Longfei Hu the other day. She happens to have the same last name* as one of my recurring characters, Cecilia Hu. (Cecilia doesn't give a last name unless absolutely forced, and it's possible 'Hu' isn't her real last name, but then, if Longfei is related to Cecilia and shares some of the same traits, it's possible she's using it as a fake name for the same reasons.)

I think Cecilia's not old enough for Longfei to be her daughter, and I don't think Longfei's her younger sister either. Cecilia might be her aunt, though.

N.B. Cecilia has a fair bit of custom slider work, but her base figure is Mousso's Ai.

* EDIT: It occurs to me that, the way Cinnabar has written the character's name, it could be that "Long" is intended to be her last name (as last-name-first is the way it's done in China), in which case her name is Feihu Long ..."Hu" is also a Chinese last name, so I can't guess which is intended ...

longfei_and_cecilia.png
    1000 x 1000 - 2M
    Post edited by columbine on
  • GordigGordig Posts: 9,263

columbine said:

* EDIT: It occurs to me that, the way Cinnabar has written the character's name, it could be that "Long" is intended to be her last name (as last-name-first is the way it's done in China), in which case her name is Feihu Long ..."Hu" is also a Chinese last name, so I can't guess which is intended ...

Two syllable family names are not common these days, and as far as I know they've only ever been common in Guangdong (Canton) province. Chinese people will generally have a single-syllable family name and either one- or two-syllable personal name. The same is true of Korean, although I don't know if I've heard of a Korean person with a one-syllable personal name. So either Longfei is the family name (which, again, would be very unlikely) and Hu is the personal name, or Hu is the family name and Longfei is the personal name. Given the name Longfei Hu, there's no scenario where Long would be the family name and Feihu the personal name.

Gordig said:

columbine said:

Two syllable family names are not common these days, and as far as I know they've only ever been common in Guangdong (Canton) province. Chinese people will generally have a single-syllable family name and either one- or two-syllable personal name. The same is true of Korean, although I don't know if I've heard of a Korean person with a one-syllable personal name. So either Longfei is the family name (which, again, would be very unlikely) and Hu is the personal name, or Hu is the family name and Longfei is the personal name. Given the name Longfei Hu, there's no scenario where Long would be the family name and Feihu the personal name.

Yeah, I have never encountered a two-syllable Chinese surname. The issue is that Cinnabar wrote the name as three words: Long Fei Hu, and it is not clear whether "Long" or "Hu" (both valid Chinese surnames you can actually encounter in the wild, especially "Long" which is like every third Chinese family I know--dragons all over the place) was intended to be the surname. (I don't speculate on given names because these days those could be just about anything.)

Personally, I always write last names last, no matter where the name is from and what the standard is there, so that I won't confuse MYSELF ... but that's just me. (There's a magazine which reports a lot of world news whose house style is to all-caps the surnames of public figures so that you can keep them straight, eg. XI Jinping and that isn't an entirely bad idea. Don't guess that'd work in the Daz store, though. People would think Xivon had made a figure of the president of the PRC!)

• MoogeeMoogee Posts: 27

I was looking to create an image of a drag queen and found the darag outfit for G8 male by pure chance.

George Drag d Tammy Dispensar.jpg
    1300 x 1300 - 329K
  • MoogeeMoogee Posts: 27

The grungy room was on sale so I came up with this.

I want to go home.jpg
    1300 x 1300 - 1M
  • paulawp (marahzen)paulawp (marahzen) Posts: 1,105
    edited May 5

I picked up Mexico City (and the Nirv hair) in with the gift card cart a couple of days ago:

https://www.daz3d.com/mexico-city
    https://www.daz3d.com/nirv-daily-long-curly-hair-for-genesis-9-and-8-female

Passerby.jpg
    1300 x 1000 - 967K
    Post edited by paulawp (marahzen) on
  • GordigGordig Posts: 9,263

columbine said:

Yeah, I have never encountered a two-syllable Chinese surname. 

Like I said, not very common. One of my classmates in college was from a South Chinese family and had the family name Situ, and there's also the ancient Chinese historian SIMA Qian (two-syllable family name, one-syllable personal name).

Personally, I always write last names last, no matter where the name is from and what the standard is there, so that I won't confuse MYSELF ... but that's just me. (There's a magazine which reports a lot of world news whose house style is to all-caps the surnames of public figures so that you can keep them straight, eg. XI Jinping and that isn't an entirely bad idea. Don't guess that'd work in the Daz store, though. People would think Xivon had made a figure of the president of the PRC!)

I'm both a language nerd and an obnoxious pedant, so I say names how they're meant to be said, at least according to my understanding. The capitalization thing is a good idea.

SapphireBlue said:

I got GCJellyFish's Rising Sun Environment shortly after its release, once I realized from comments what a crazy detailed set that was. And after trying it out, I have to say it's even crazier! I heard them mention creating this kind of detail for supporting visual storytelling, and it is really great for that as a setting or even if you want to use only the props.

The environment has lots of different functional rooms and a dizzying assortment of WORKING props. And it comes with a 37 page pdf guide... All the faucets work, clocks can be set, drawers/doors/lids etc. open and close... There are all sorts of entire collections of props: office, security, cosmetics, bar, bathroom and shower props... I also love the art deco detailing, and the option to convert the main area into a cabaret hall.

The Rising Sun set and a headdress from the Row House together inspired a story, so I started playing with the environment with the idea to eventually transport it back to the Prohibition era. 

Here's a test render in one corner of the dressing room (without changes yet to take it back in time). Some details I noticed in just this corner: the hair dryers come with cords that are plugged into outlets that have woodwork that matches the doors, stools have an adjustable height parameter that adjusts it for all the stools, writing/pictures on the mirrors are decals that can be hidden...

Here is a test render (monochrome and faded color versions) of the exterior with just a few changes to take it back in time. For the night scene, the building already comes with inside spotlights that shine light through the windows. I just made things a bit brighter. I'm going to try out some more stuff with the set this week. This kind of set makes me feel like we have an entire Hollywood Studio at our finger tips with DAZ. laughAdd in all the characters and creatures and hair and outfits and props and places we can buy! Wow, cue hysterical laugh... 

LOVE the dressing room scene! Have now wishlisted the set, it's just too cool not to it seems;-) 

• ShimrianShimrian Posts: 493
    edited May 6

Ok, I picked up Smilodon Populator today. I also picked up Kimbo the Lion Cub and copied over the mats on fur to make a Saber-toothed cat with kitten. So worth it!

Adorable kitten!

Smilodon Populator and cub.png
    2560 x 1582 - 6M
    Post edited by Shimrian on
  • bugbearbugbear Posts: 5
    edited May 6

Hi @bugbear, I also got that dress! It has so many fun materials and morphs! I picked up the new hair from FeSoul and love how the morphs add movement. I probably would never have picked them up if it wasn't for the big sale during the weekend. Had to buy a bunch of new stuff to get great deals on my wishlist. =)

Dancer

edited May 7

Continuing with part 4 of my little fairy tale story inspired by a princess render I did for this thread, "Love Great and Small" (aka The Princess and the Giant). Just something light and sweet. Hope it's enjoyable! Here are the previous parts: Part 1Part 2 and Part 3. (There will be a total of 5 parts at this point.)

Part 4 is about 10 renders, so it's up as a sequence in the gallery again. Stuff that's new in this are the kayak and life jackets and some more beach stuff, all bought specifically for this segment. I'm glad there's so much different stuff in the store! laugh

Part 4: Love Great and Small (Gallery Link)

Post edited by SapphireBlue on
  • joannajoanna Posts: 1,087

Shimrian, very nice! I love how the pose, the hair movement, and the camera angle make this image dynamic.

SapphireBlue, love the warm pallette; it really makes the image fairy tale-like.

edited May 12

@Shimrian, I love this perspective, so alive and in motion! Beautifully done. Also shows of the dress so well, will put it back on my wishlist ... ;-)

I haven't bought much in the last few days but have digital TONS left from the last weeks that I haven't rendered yet, so still trying to catch up at least a little bit. Here's Death 9 (at something like 80% I think), in SF Cut Suit for G8F (autofitted very nicely) and with Chevybabe's Holo hair. The hair is lovely, but I must be doing something wrong with it, as after simulating, the scene file takes aaaages to save. Don't know what it is though yet. - The lighing and background is Fabiana's Theory of Light Energy, and the satin texture on the suit is from her as well (there's something strange going on with the UV mapping of that suit). Will give full credits in gallery.

Have a lovely day everyone heart

Matrixing.png
    1080 x 1200 - 2M
    Post edited by tsroemi on
  • MissLeahMissLeah Posts: 21

@tsroemi... surprise

Wow! What a wonderful image. From the pose to the lighting to the expression to the environment, it's all so beautifully composed. Very nicely done! heart

MissLeah said:

@tsroemi... surprise

Wow! What a wonderful image. From the pose to the lighting to the expression to the environment, it's all so beautifully composed. Very nicely done! heart

You're so sweet, thank you! This thread is really good to remind one to keep rendering, even if it's only occasionally.  

• Matt_CastleMatt_Castle Posts: 2,365

To somewhat atone for my previous abuse of Lyoness's Pret A Jolie Outfit, I've done another render of it on the kind of character it was actually intended for (i.e. not a horse*).

Gallery Link

* Although Lyoness *did* apparently consider the fact I was going to put the outfit on Jade.

Thanks you for your kind comments, @joanna and @tsroemi. =)