Windows Game Mode

I have seen someone mention Windows Game Mode for a game to increase performance, so I thought I would try it with Daz Studio.
Since then my task manager shows my GPU at 100% most of the time when rendering or using Daz instead of low single digit %. Other than that I'm not sure I've seen any improvements.
Does anybody know, does it actually help in any way?!

01.jpg
3110 x 1394 - 72K
02.jpg
584 x 808 - 117K

Comments

• prixatprixat Posts: 1,588

I have had Studio set to high performance for many years.

Game Mode is really about reducing or suspending some of the stuff Windows normally keeps doing in the background. 

Doing that might make Studio a tiny bit faster or more stable., but I have no real way of testing that.

• Game mode is a masssive mixed bag in reality. On some games it helps performance (specially on less powerful machines) but on others it completely breaks them so there could be a possibility it might cause a similar effect on different programs.

I usually try to close everything that doesn't need to be open and if using DS then I make sure DS is absolutely the only thing I'm using at that given time (so no browsers, etc running at that time)

If Windows didn't go the Android way and had less bloat whithin it, things would surely be smoother too