Soiree Glam Hair and Ponytail for Genesis 8 and 8.1 Females Dforce Hair Troubles

bashtonbashton Posts: 8

I got this hair, and overall it's a pretty good product, however the dforce is misbehaving. Has anybody else got this hair and is having the same kind of trouble? I've tried everything that I can think of and half of the hair (best case scenario) just gravitates toward the character. The simulation on the image was all at default settings.

Bad Hair Day.png
969 x 881 - 558K
Post edited by Richard Haseltine on

Comments

• crosswindcrosswind Posts: 6,175

Yes..  you may try these:

- For this pose, the value of Collision Offset on the dynamic surface is too high, change it to 0.03 or lower. Add some values to Velocity Smoothing / Velocity Smoothing Iterations: 0.6 / 4

- There was weight painted on the ponytail with a dForce Modifier Weight Node but not optimal. Add weight node back to it and repaint / smooth the weight.

- Tweak the bones rotation near the root of ponytail if needed.

SNAG-2023-9-18-0002.png
    1771 x 1396 - 382K
  • Moved to Technical Help as it is not a Daz Studio application question.

• crosswind said:

Yes..  you may try these:

- For this pose, the value of Collision Offset on the dynamic surface is too high, change it to 0.03 or lower. Add some values to Velocity Smoothing / Velocity Smoothing Iterations: 0.6 / 4

- There was weight painted on the ponytail with a dForce Modifier Weight Node but not optimal. Add weight node back to it and repaint / smooth the weight.

- Tweak the bones rotation near the root of ponytail if needed.

Collision offset. That's the ticket! The specific pose was unimportant. It's just that the hair wouldn't fall naturally no matter what. All better now! Thanks!