Help applying materials to OBJ models

Hello, I am using for my models, hair that can be printed in 3d (OBJ model)
I would like to know how I can paint or apply standard hair materials from DAZ models. Is it possible? Or should I look for another alternative? Greetings

Post edited by Richard Haseltine on

Comments

• felisfelis Posts: 4,189

If you want to 3d print it, you cant use something with cut-out oppacity, as that wouldn't work in printing.

There is some filament hair shaders in the shop that might work

• lilweeplilweep Posts: 2,375

Hair shader presets and material presets in Daz Studio will rely on the UV of the object they are being applied to.  Make sure your OBJ has a sensible UV.  What is sensisble you may ask? I guess it depends... Most hair shader and material presets are made for hair of certain types, like hair card hair (otherwise known as transmapped hair, or cloth hair), or strand based hair.

You could have some luck with some types of the shaders, namely the transmapped hair, but really depends on your UV for the OBJ hair you are using whether it confirms to convention.  (Usually transmapped hair UV consists of vertical or horizontal strips of geometry arranged on the UV)

If you are 3d printing, does it really matter? Can you 3D print color information?