Bake Joint Rotation has permanently disfigured the base figure

I had a gen8 figure and changed joint setup for a more useful pose for my specific purpose.

As I attempt to rig up an asset, the Bake Joint Rotations function in joint editor-right click-edit menu.... totally disfigured the gen8 (see screenshot).

I did not save the file and then reloaded it, and YIKES the figure is still disfigured!

To troubleshoot, I cleared the scene (file-new) and loaded a plain gen8, and it's fine. I then repeated the process: change pose, then "bake joint rotations" and again I get this disfigured result.

What is happening? I don't understand why this totally messes up the figure. How can I reverse this? THe original file has a lot of work in it, and I'm stuck not knowing how to reset that rigging.

problem.png
608 x 828 - 233K
Post edited by tim ti tum tim tum on

Comments

• barbultbarbult Posts: 23,843

If you didn't save the scene file or save the modified Genesis character, I think you should recover OK if you close Daz Studio and restart it and then open your scene.
    The screenshot looks like you need to run Adjust Rigging to Shape.

• Yes, as barbult noted it looks as if the figure is enlarged with a shape that doesn't move the joint centres, or the joint centres are moved as if for a smaller figure without the shape being applied - either ways the centres of rotation are now outside the mesh, producing the stretching you see. I am not sure how that could be realted to baking the rotations unless some kind of corrective adjustment was invovled, which would itself be tied to the values of the rotations.