How to apply one cloth morph to other clothes?

xlpasstestxlpasstest Posts: 44

[How to apply one cloth morph to other clothes?] I want to apply the Everyday 2 morph to other clothes.

Post edited by Richard Haseltine on

Comments

• You could try fitting the clothes to the Everyday 2 clothes, isntead of a human, then set the morph on Everyday 2 and export the morphed clothes as OBJ, then use Edit>Figure>Morph Loader Pro with the clothes you want to morph selected and the same preset as in the export dialogue to get a permanent version of the morph.

• crosswindcrosswind Posts: 6,174

If the styles of 'other clothing' (geometry) are similar to Everyday 2 (t-shirt & pants), you may also use Transfer Utility to transfer Morph Targets from E2 to the target clothing.

• Richard Haseltine said:

You could try fitting the clothes to the Everyday 2 clothes, isntead of a human, then set the morph on Everyday 2 and export the morphed clothes as OBJ, then use Edit>Figure>Morph Loader Pro with the clothes you want to morph selected and the same preset as in the export dialogue to get a permanent version of the morph.

Sounds good. I'll try it later.

• crosswind said:

If the styles of 'other clothing' (geometry) are similar to Everyday 2 (t-shirt & pants), you may also use Transfer Utility to transfer Morph Targets from E2 to the target clothing.

I have also tried Transfer Utility, but I don't understand how to use it, do you have detailed steps?

• crosswindcrosswind Posts: 6,174

xlpasstest said:

crosswind said:

I have also tried Transfer Utility, but I don't understand how to use it, do you have detailed steps?

The simplest setting is as below. You may also add the needed morphs of E2 to Favorites, and choose the option - Favorites from the dropdown list 'From Source'.

• OMG wouldn't it be awesome if we could also do this with Dforce for animation

(and I know Dforce2Morph could do one morph)

imagine simulating the base dress template for example and reusing that simulation if it works on any autofitted skirt/dress/tunic without explosions

• crosswind said:

xlpasstest said:

crosswind said:

The simplest setting is as below. You may also add the needed morphs of E2 to Favorites, and choose the option - Favorites from the dropdown list 'From Source'.

Sorry for the late reply, thanks so much for the tutorial, I'll give it a try.